Installation Error

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
I am trying to install NOPCommerce and I'm getting the following error:

Any suggestions?

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CreatedOn
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: CreatedOn

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace:

[IndexOutOfRangeException: CreatedOn]
   System.Data.ProviderBase.FieldNameLookup.GetOrdinal(String fieldName) +4841826
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.GetOrdinal(String name) +67
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.DataAccess.NopSqlDataHelper.GetUtcDateTime(IDataReader rdr, String columnName) in D:\Work\Own\NopCommerce\Solution\PublishedSite\Solution\Libraries\Nop.DataAccess.SqlServer\NopSqlDataHelper.cs:114
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.DataAccess.Content.Topics.SQLTopicProvider.GetLocalizedTopicFromReader(IDataReader dataReader) in D:\Work\Own\NopCommerce\Solution\PublishedSite\Solution\Libraries\Nop.DataAccess.SqlServer\Content\Topics\SQLTopicProvider.cs:53
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.DataAccess.Content.Topics.SQLTopicProvider.GetLocalizedTopic(String Name, Int32 LanguageID) in D:\Work\Own\NopCommerce\Solution\PublishedSite\Solution\Libraries\Nop.DataAccess.SqlServer\Content\Topics\SQLTopicProvider.cs:253
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Common.Content.Topics.TopicManager.GetLocalizedTopic(String Name, Int32 LanguageID) in D:\Work\Own\NopCommerce\Solution\PublishedSite\Solution\Libraries\Nop.Common\Content\Topics\TopicManager.cs:202
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.TopicControl.BindData() in D:\Work\Own\NopCommerce\Solution\PublishedSite\Solution\NopCommerceStore\Modules\Topic.ascx.cs:46
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.TopicControl.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Work\Own\NopCommerce\Solution\PublishedSite\Solution\NopCommerceStore\Modules\Topic.ascx.cs:40
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +141
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4016; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4016
14 years ago
Hey,

Did you follow the install instructions. It seems as if database is not set up properly or wrong connection string..

mike..
14 years ago
Thanks for the fast response.

I have redone the connection strings and followed the install.

I am having problems with my hosting though. I can get it to run fine in VS2008.

They are for some reason restricting access to permissions. I'm not certain it may be causing it but I can't rule it out.

There ae user permission problems as I was originally getting this error:

nopCommerce installation

The HOSTING\ex_p00115794 account is not granted with Modify permission on folder D:\CustomerData\webspaces\webspace_00115794\wwwroot\. Although this is not an error, it's highly recommended that you configure these permissions

I put in the connection string manually and it allows the install wizard continue through but I get the warning in the first post.

Tom
14 years ago
Hi Tom,

Can you confirm that the data base was created successfully following installation?

The error suggests is unable to locate fields in the database or the reader is returning null (perhaps another indication of database problems).

You can use Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio to do this (presuming your host lets you connect in this way).

Hope this helps,

Ben
14 years ago
Hi,

Sorry for my delay in replying I was away.
I eventually resolved this it was as a result of permission problems from my shared hosting.
They were able to modify the permissions set the application directory I was still having some issues.
It was throwing up another error when I tried to access the login/ admin pages.
I set the IIS to run in classic mode instead of Integrated mode and it kicked into life.
A lot of head scratching and re installs came down to my shared hosting providers configuration problems.
I was unable to change the settings that they altered to fix it.
They confirmed that the changes were not accessible from the customer control panel.
They allowed the creation of Virtual folders / app folders but this was not the problem.

I hope this saves other users some time in the future

Regards
Tom
14 years ago
I am getting this same error but I don't know what to tell my hosting's tech support.  Can you explain what the error is and the possible solutions?  Thank you.
14 years ago
Tell them you need to enable write permissions for the folder where you are trying to install nopCommerce.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.