extending the code base

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi all,

I've extended the product a little bit to add fields and such in certain places - minor stuff.

BTW, Kudos to the team, I'm finding the entire code base to be highly organized and well thought out.  It's a pleasure to work with so far.

I have two questions:

1.  How do I extend the code base without affecting my ability to upgrade when a new version comes out?  Is there a best practice or would I just have to migrate all of my code changes to the new version?

2. I need to sell sets of products.  I'd like to be able to sell the set or sell individual pieces of the set.  I know the product doesn't support it so I'd be doing this work myself.  I'd like to know if anyone has any general advice for before I start this endeavor (things to consider, anything that might trip me up).  Also, do you think that a feature like this would be a worthy contribution to main nopCommerce code base?

Thanks.

-Joe
12 years ago
jbenckert wrote:
Hi all,

I've extended the product a little bit to add fields and such in certain places - minor stuff.

BTW, Kudos to the team, I'm finding the entire code base to be highly organized and well thought out.  It's a pleasure to work with so far.

I have two questions:

1.  How do I extend the code base without affecting my ability to upgrade when a new version comes out?  Is there a best practice or would I just have to migrate all of my code changes to the new version?

2. I need to sell sets of products.  I'd like to be able to sell the set or sell individual pieces of the set.  I know the product doesn't support it so I'd be doing this work myself.  I'd like to know if anyone has any general advice for before I start this endeavor (things to consider, anything that might trip me up).  Also, do you think that a feature like this would be a worthy contribution to main nopCommerce code base?

Thanks.

-Joe

Here is a similar question (for #1), maybe the answer provided will help. If they do not I can explain them in further detail. https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/12043/plugin-help.aspx
12 years ago
skyler.severns wrote:
Hi all,

I start this endeavor (things to consider, anything that might trip me up).  Also, do you think that a feature like this would be a worthy contribution to main nopCommerce code base?

I need it for my store.  We sell products that consist of components.  The components can be sold seperatley as well.
12 years ago
jbenckert wrote:

Also, do you think that a feature like this would be a worthy contribution to main nopCommerce code base?

Thanks.

-Joe

That would be a great contribution. I have seen many requests for that feature in this forum
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.