Product configuration guildline for complex products

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi All,

I am new to nop commerce .

I would like to use nop commerce for some complex product that can have many check out parameters and contains nested entities.

For example for hotel room booking I can have

1. Hotel properties ( like address ,name,rating etc)
2. Different rooms available for hotels . Each room can have diffrent beds , per day price associated with it
3. There can be addition hotel services that customer can choose while purchasing room/hotel as package

While going through admin panel i have noticed that i can create Product Attributes, Specification and check out attributes.  I have product attributes for maintaining hotel specific parameters. Fixed values paramters such as hotel starts can easily be managed with specification attributes .

However , i am not sure of the best way to manage room properties in nop commerce . One possible way would be to create a new table for room and link it's id with roomid product attribute and implement calculation for product purchase.

It would be really great if anyone can point me some document/guildline for implementing such scenario better .

Thanks ,
Parth
12 years ago
parth1729 wrote:
Hi All,

I am new to nop commerce .

I would like to use nop commerce for some complex product that can have many check out parameters and contains nested entities.

For example for hotel room booking I can have

1. Hotel properties ( like address ,name,rating etc)
2. Different rooms available for hotels . Each room can have diffrent beds , per day price associated with it
3. There can be addition hotel services that customer can choose while purchasing room/hotel as package

While going through admin panel i have noticed that i can create Product Attributes, Specification and check out attributes.  I have product attributes for maintaining hotel specific parameters. Fixed values paramters such as hotel starts can easily be managed with specification attributes .

However , i am not sure of the best way to manage room properties in nop commerce . One possible way would be to create a new table for room and link it's id with roomid product attribute and implement calculation for product purchase.

It would be really great if anyone can point me some document/guildline for implementing such scenario better .

Thanks ,
Parth

I think you are in the right track to use Nop out of the box:
- Hotels con be your products and specification attributes can specify rating (stars), locations,types
- Rooms, can be your products
- Types of rooms (double, single, with/witout tv, air conditioning, etc.) can be product variants (rooms of same hotel)
- Product variant attributes can specify dates, number of occupants, etc.

Also check: https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/9788/hotels-booking.aspx
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.