Plugin help

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hello,
At the moment I am working on a project which requires some support for specific discounts. Specificately I need a multibuy (i.e. "buy any x items for y price"). I have been playing around with the discount rule plugin, but i quicky realized I needed to have more flexibility.
Basically my question is the following: is it possible to write a pluging to enhance the functionality of the discount module? Or, to say it in a more generic way, can I write a plugin for anything I need?
I have found some tutorials around but still basic stuff and, although I'm not an expert on nopCommerce, I guess I really need to get my hands dirty, so any suggestion on the matter would be much appreciated.

Lorenzo
12 years ago
lm66uk wrote:
Hello,
At the moment I am working on a project which requires some support for specific discounts. Specificately I need a multibuy (i.e. "buy any x items for y price"). I have been playing around with the discount rule plugin, but i quicky realized I needed to have more flexibility.
Basically my question is the following: is it possible to write a pluging to enhance the functionality of the discount module? Or, to say it in a more generic way, can I write a plugin for anything I need?
I have found some tutorials around but still basic stuff and, although I'm not an expert on nopCommerce, I guess I really need to get my hands dirty, so any suggestion on the matter would be much appreciated.

Lorenzo

Lorenzo, you can write a plugin for any type of functionality you need. If you're extending a feature that already exists in nopCommerce under the plugin architecture it will be easiest if you follow that pattern. Sometimes our plugins won't fit into the predefined plugin patterns, and it isn't the end of the world. The idea behind the plugin architecture is a way to extend nopCommerce without requiring significant changes to the core nopCommerce code. Good luck!

http://blog.csharpwebdeveloper.com/
12 years ago
Thank you Skyler!
Very encouraging. I saw your posts, but I haven't read them yet. I just wanted to know how far one can go with it...
Thank you again!

Lorenzo
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.