Is There An Issue With v2.0 And Multiple Variants?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
We are building a store with v2.0 and (Almost) everything has been fine throughout, we have added products with a default variant and its working OK.

We have just created a product with multiple variants, and now we are getting the following error?

==============
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Line 26:     dataDictPrice.TemplateInfo.HtmlFieldPrefix = string.Format("price_{0}", defaultProductVariant.Id);

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   ASP._Page_Views_Catalog_Product_cshtml.Execute() in d:\websites\Production\MySiteName\htdocs\Views\Catalog\Product.cshtml:26
   System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy() +207
   System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() +81
   System.Web.WebPages.StartPage.RunPage() +19
   System.Web.WebPages.StartPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() +65
   System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) +76
   System.Web.Mvc.RazorView.RenderView(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer, Object instance) +220
   System.Web.Mvc.BuildManagerCompiledView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer) +115
   System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context) +303
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResult(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +13
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1c.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__19() +23
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +260
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1e.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__1b() +19
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionResult actionResult) +177
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) +343
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() +116
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +97
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.System.Web.Mvc.IController.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +10
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClassb.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5() +37
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0() +21
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass8`1.<BeginSynchronous>b__7(IAsyncResult _) +12
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End() +62
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClasse.<EndProcessRequest>b__d() +50
   System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.<GetCallInAppTrustThunk>b__0(Action f) +7
   System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.ProcessInApplicationTrust(Action action) +22
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +60
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) +9
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +8897857
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +184

==============

Anyone else have this problem?  Also how do I change a product layout template for when it has multiple variants?
12 years ago
So no one else gets this?
12 years ago
You won't be able to use version 2 of nopCommerce if you are using Multiple variants for a product, unless you change this line of code

OLD

var dataDictPrice = new ViewDataDictionary();
        dataDictPrice.TemplateInfo.HtmlFieldPrefix = string.Format("price_{0}", defaultProductVariant.Id);

NEW

if (defaultProductVariant != null)
    {
        dataDictPrice.TemplateInfo.HtmlFieldPrefix = string.Format("price_{0}", defaultProductVariant.Id);
    }

Slightly annoying...
12 years ago
I presume that you made some change to your source code because if you open \Nop.Web\Views\Catalog\Product.cshtml file (version 2.00) downloaded here, you'll see the following code:
@if (!hasMultipleVariants && defaultProductVariant != null)
                    {
                        @Html.Partial("_ProductVariantPrice", defaultProductVariant.ProductVariantPrice, dataDictPrice)

var dataDictAddToCart = new ViewDataDictionary();
                   dataDictAddToCart.TemplateInfo.HtmlFieldPrefix = string.Format("addtocart_{0}", defaultProductVariant.Id);
                        @Html.Partial("_ProductVariantAddToCart", defaultProductVariant.AddToCart, dataDictPrice)                    
                    }

So it works fine by default
12 years ago
Hmmm ok now I am confused!

I'll check with my colleague on Monday but I certainly haven't changed anything apart from some extra divs / classes added for styling.

I downloaded this and set it up the day v2.0 came out... Thanks for coming back anyway, whats the ETA on v2.1 with multiple product templates?
12 years ago
It was released one month ago =)))
12 years ago
Well that will teach me to have my head down in v2.0 and not keep an eye on here! Is there a road map for v2.2 and rough ETA?  Wondering if I should wait until that is released before trying to upgrade?
12 years ago
ETA: https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/12031/nopcommerce-22.aspx
Roadmap: 2.10 was an intermediate release (not all planned features were implemented). The roadmap is almost the same as it was for v2.10 (except features already implemented in v2.10). Have a look at the source contol commit historyhere in order to know what is already done
12 years ago
Awesome thanks... Product templates was a great addition to put back in :)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.