Manufacturer Listing

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I've been playing around with the manufacturer listing on the nop homepage and was wondering where you'd find the file(s) to change the output order (to alphabetical or whatever)?  I'm having a hard time finding it in the directory structure....I'm sure it's right in front of me but I can't locate it.

Thanks!

Mike
12 years ago
nop.Srevices.catalog.manufcturerService.cs
12 years ago
Alternately, if you don't want to change the code, you can use SQL to update the DisplayOrder in the table.
(But, you'll have to do this periodically as you add new manufacturers)

WITH Sorted as
    (
    SELECT (ROW_NUMBER() OVER (ORDER BY Name ASC)) as RowNumber
                ,m.*
    FROM Manufacturer m
    )
UPDATE Sorted
   SET DisplayOrder = RowNumber
12 years ago
Thanks hezyz...I'm just learning the structure of the system.  

NY, that was a good idea to update the display order in the db.  That may be best in the long run...new manufacturers are few and far between and wouldn't be a lot of trouble to set the disp order manually.

Appreciate the input!

Mike
12 years ago
hezyz wrote:
nop.Srevices.catalog.manufcturerService.cs

What version are you working from?  I have 2.10 installed and this .cs file is nowhere to be found.  

Thanks,

Mike
12 years ago
src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Catalog\ManufacturerService.cs
12 years ago
New York wrote:
src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Catalog\ManufacturerService.cs

My directory structure doesn't look anything like this.  I don't have a src folder at all (unless it's located outside the web folder?).  However I did download a beta of 2.2 and when unpacked I can see the src/libraries folder.  I had been advised in another thread to wait for the official release since I'm new to this technology so maybe I just need to sit tight and wait on 2.2.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.