Delete all Products

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Each time I load items from the excel import it i added as a new item and no updating the current item.  
I would like to delete all existing products and just upload the excel file again.  

Also when I upload the excel file the software should update the corrections and not create a new item.  

POSI!
12 years ago
The Import will update existing items if a match is made on the SKU field.

If you want to wipe out existing items, it's probably easiest to do in the DB itself.  
You will need to delete from Product, and ProductVariant tables.  However, if you added items to Categories, Manufacturers, added specifications, etc. then it's more complicated.
12 years ago
I have 2142 items I need to delete.  all have no sku.  Any idea how to wipe them from the DB
12 years ago
There is no mass deletion tool built into nopC.

Do you have SSMS (SQL Server Management Studio), or some other similar tool?

Also, it's important to know if you've set up relations to  pictures, categories, manufacturers, etc.  If you only delete the products/variants and leave the related data, it won't break anything (I don't think :), but you will have those relation records as orphans in the system.
(Also, what version of nopC do you have?)
12 years ago

I just have a lot of empty items.  

that SQL tool, it that an add on to crome?
12 years ago
It comes with SQL Server.
Which version of SQL server are you using?  (Express? Compact?)

What other things did you add to the database?  -- Would it be feasible to just re-install the nop db?  (you would not have to re-install entire app, just delete App_Data\Settings.txt and App_Data\InstalledPlugins.txt)
12 years ago
My database is on godaddy, so I don't have real access to it.  I was going to move the database local, fix it and then reload the database to godaddy.  

I downloaded the SQL Maestro and this looks like the tool I need to fix the SQL database.  

I will give it a try it live accross the internet and let you know if it works.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.