nopCommerce 2.20 critical issue fix (duplicated customer roles after installation)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Today we released nopCommerce 2.20. It has an issue. Several default customer roles are duplicated after nopCommerce installation (it doesn't affect upgrade from 2.10). That's why we've just released a new version of nopCommerce. So if you downloaded nopCommerce 2.20 before October 11th, then download the latest version again here (its version is still 2.20)

Or you can follow the next steps in order to manually apply the fix. Please see changeset 2d6471a01dcd
12 years ago
Thanks!
12 years ago
Good job for releasing and he quick announcement.
12 years ago
Thanks...
12 years ago
Hello Andrei / Nop Community:

My name is Gregory Weiss.  I am the Webmaster and developer for Ark Naturals (www.arknaturals.com).  I have been using NopCommerce since 1.9.  I have two sites.

www.arknaturals.com - Nop 1.9
stage.arknaturals.com - Nop 2.2 (I have been upgrading since 2.0).

I am having SIGNIFICANT performance issues with the Nop platform since the migration in 2.0 to MVC3.  As you can see, the PROD site (www) is working just great.  In fact, one of the big reasons I switched to Nop is that its full feature set had GREAT performance.

The stage site's performance is simply UNACCEPTABLE and I just can NOT determine the reason after extensive research and testing.  As I said, I have completed my upgrade and all my code is now on Nop 2.2.  As you can see, I heavily customized the UI.  I have added Controllers/Models/Views and I have added Data Objects and Services to the Framework, but I have not changed ANY of the core Nop Functionality, Global calls, Data Model, Base Layout framework, etc...

I currently host both sites on Winhost.  As you should be able to tell, the initial load takes at least 8-10 seconds to load.  It usually takes longer.  When I test load performance using standard web tools (ie: pingdom).  I am seeing anywhere from 6 to 20 seconds on the FIRST CALL (which I assume is all the base framework calls - Global.asax, etc Requests, MVC rendering).  You can also see that the other page resources are quite small and ineffectual in terms of overall performance.

Please feel free to try and look at page load results using any website tool you like.

The other things I have noticed is that, no matter how many times and places I try to load the site, the initial load is ALWAYS very slow.  I would think that onAppStart, the first load would be SLOW-ER, but after that, subsequent initial loads would see much better time.  This is NOT the case.  

I also have a Keep-Alive that I run every 5 minutes on one of my local servers.  As I said, on Nop 1.9 (www), the performance is excellent from any browser, computer, session.  I assumed the Keep Alive helped.  I set up a Monitor for the Stage Site and performance is a problem.  I assume it is having no affect on the initial app start loading.

I DO notice that after the first load, subsequent page loading appears to be MUCH better.  But that performance is very random.  Generally, the speed is very good/acceptable, but randomly, a page I had already hit will have the same latency as the inital load page.

I have also performed the following due-dilligence on my hosting.

1. Cleaned everything off, loaded a static welcome.html page. - page loaded instantly.
2. Created a basic MVC3 C# razor app in VS2010 and loaded it onto my hosting environment.  It ran very well.  No latency or other problems.
3. Loaded and installed the Nop2.2 cart and installed base DB (out of the box, no changes) onto my hosting and tested it.  Experienced the same initial load / latency problems that I experienced in my converted Nop2.2 site.
4. Loaded my converted Nop2.2 solution with my updated SQL DB Nop2.2.  Latency issues as explained.

I am without question frustrated because I feel like I have taken a GIANT step backwards.  The Nop1.9 site is great, but I have invested weeks of hours converting to Nop2.2 and doing extensive development and I fear its on a Cart Solution that simply doesn't not meet the basic requirements of performance.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me get this resolved!  I do LOVE NopCommerce and really need help moving forward!!

Best Regards to anyone who takes time to digest this issues.

Gregory Weiss
12 years ago
Here is a link to my latest pingdom.com load test

http://tools.pingdom.com/default.asp?url=http%3a%2f%2fstage.arknaturals.com%2f&id=5988748
12 years ago
It is very slow. I saw it too on demo sample.
12 years ago
gweiss27 wrote:
Hello Andrei / Nop Community:

My name is Gregory Weiss.  I am the Webmaster and developer for Ark Naturals (www.arknaturals.com).  I have been using NopCommerce since 1.9.  I have two sites.

www.arknaturals.com - Nop 1.9
stage.arknaturals.com - Nop 2.2 (I have been upgrading since 2.0).

I am having SIGNIFICANT performance issues with the Nop platform since the migration in 2.0 to MVC3.  As you can see, the PROD site (www) is working just great.  In fact, one of the big reasons I switched to Nop is that its full feature set had GREAT performance.

The stage site's performance is simply UNACCEPTABLE and I just can NOT determine the reason after extensive research and testing.  As I said, I have completed my upgrade and all my code is now on Nop 2.2.  As you can see, I heavily customized the UI.  I have added Controllers/Models/Views and I have added Data Objects and Services to the Framework, but I have not changed ANY of the core Nop Functionality, Global calls, Data Model, Base Layout framework, etc...

I currently host both sites on Winhost.  As you should be able to tell, the initial load takes at least 8-10 seconds to load.  It usually takes longer.  When I test load performance using standard web tools (ie: pingdom).  I am seeing anywhere from 6 to 20 seconds on the FIRST CALL (which I assume is all the base framework calls - Global.asax, etc Requests, MVC rendering).  You can also see that the other page resources are quite small and ineffectual in terms of overall performance.

Please feel free to try and look at page load results using any website tool you like.

The other things I have noticed is that, no matter how many times and places I try to load the site, the initial load is ALWAYS very slow.  I would think that onAppStart, the first load would be SLOW-ER, but after that, subsequent initial loads would see much better time.  This is NOT the case.  

I also have a Keep-Alive that I run every 5 minutes on one of my local servers.  As I said, on Nop 1.9 (www), the performance is excellent from any browser, computer, session.  I assumed the Keep Alive helped.  I set up a Monitor for the Stage Site and performance is a problem.  I assume it is having no affect on the initial app start loading.

I DO notice that after the first load, subsequent page loading appears to be MUCH better.  But that performance is very random.  Generally, the speed is very good/acceptable, but randomly, a page I had already hit will have the same latency as the inital load page.

I have also performed the following due-dilligence on my hosting.

1. Cleaned everything off, loaded a static welcome.html page. - page loaded instantly.
2. Created a basic MVC3 C# razor app in VS2010 and loaded it onto my hosting environment.  It ran very well.  No latency or other problems.
3. Loaded and installed the Nop2.2 cart and installed base DB (out of the box, no changes) onto my hosting and tested it.  Experienced the same initial load / latency problems that I experienced in my converted Nop2.2 site.
4. Loaded my converted Nop2.2 solution with my updated SQL DB Nop2.2.  Latency issues as explained.

I am without question frustrated because I feel like I have taken a GIANT step backwards.  The Nop1.9 site is great, but I have invested weeks of hours converting to Nop2.2 and doing extensive development and I fear its on a Cart Solution that simply doesn't not meet the basic requirements of performance.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me get this resolved!  I do LOVE NopCommerce and really need help moving forward!!

Best Regards to anyone who takes time to digest this issues.

Gregory Weiss

Hello Gregory, I am new to Nop 2.0, 2.1 and 2.2. I noticed the same speed problem. Did you ever got the speed to improve????.  Or any feedback about the speed problem??
I notice that when I use IE version 8 (windows XP) it is a lot faster that IE version 9 (Windows 7)

Sergio
12 years ago
Hi

I upgraded from 1.9 to 2.0 to 2.1 and with the new 2.2 and still have duplicate customer roles, duplicate langauges, shipping methods, payment methods etc..
12 years ago
Any one???????. If there is not solution/help for the speed problem, then we need to look for another solution and nopcommerce should not be rated as a viable soltuion for e-commerce.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.