v2.1 to v2.2 CSS Upgrade

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi

I am planning to upgrade from v2.1 to v2.2 (well done nop team!).

I notice there are many changes to CSS and layout. Will my current styling be preserved if I run the upgrade script or will I need to restyle again?
12 years ago
no the script wont ruin it. But i think you would have to find the settings you changed in styles 2.1 and copy them into the 2.2 styles.
12 years ago
Hello Heath,

What "nopgabriel" mentioned is correct, upgrade script won't ruin your stylesheet because upgrade script ir only to update your SQL Database.

Later on you will have to update the webfiles too of 2.2 with your previous 2.1 - In that case you will have to update the changes you did in 2.1 to 2.2 style sheet.
12 years ago
thanks for clearing that up. I tried looking for ways to merge the old css file with a new but the new seems to have all the formatting removed to improve performance. looks like a real daunting task to match it up.

I tried and failed to upgrade in a dev environment anyway. I am using sql compact and running the sql script over the database in webmatrix threw errors and corrupted the database. Not really sure what to do and dont want to start over again as it took me a week to get it styled and working for live.

Anyone know how to upgrade Nop.Db.sdf?
12 years ago
The formatting change makes for a tough comparison.  I'm using the "Format Document" command in Visual Studio on each file to normalize them and then compare.  Then you can remove all of the extra whitespace and linebreaks if desired.  Looks like the file grows from 70k to 90k when the formatting is expanded.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.