SEO: Hebrew in address bar?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi all,

When I enter a category page in my store I get this url in the address bar:
http://comfortnet.co.il/category/29-.aspx

I want to include the category name, but in HEBREW, not in english.

I have one example, go to http://panika.co.il and go through categories, each category has its name in the url, in Hebrew.

How can I achive that?

Thanks alot in advance,

Amit.
12 years ago
Version 2.20 supports it. Juts ensure that 'seosettings.allowunicodecharsinurls' setting is set to 'true' (already set by default)
12 years ago
Andrei,

I'm sorry, I'm using 1.9 version, Please, how can I solve this in 1.9?

Thank you,
Amit.
12 years ago
amit2602 wrote:
Andrei,

I'm sorry, I'm using 1.9 version, Please, how can I solve this in 1.9?

Thank you,
Amit.

open NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.SEO.SEOHelper.cs
method: public static string GetSEName(string name)

change
string OKChars = "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz1234567890 _-";
to
string OKChars = "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz1234567890 _-אבגדהוזחטיכךלמםנןסעפףצץקרשת";

will do the job

hezy
12 years ago
Thank you Hezy,

After changing, do I just need to compile then upload only the new NopCommerce.dll from Bin folder to the site?
12 years ago
Ok I needed to upload BusinessLogic.dll

Got IT! It Works!

But one letter "ם" dont work, so instead of "מזרונים" its showing "מזרוני"... and I have this letter in the OKChars.. any idea?

EDIT:
also the letter "ן" dont work - "ריהוט גן" showing "ריהוט ג". the ending letters doesnt work, why?

I think it has something to do with the automatic lowercasing of the letters. how can I cancel that?

Hezy THANK YOU!
12 years ago
just tried, its working fine for me.
tried the ם and ן

all good

check the original string in debug mode
12 years ago
OK its working great now. just recompiled it again with a clean original BusinessLogic.dll file.

Hezy thank you very much, you helped me and I'm sure many others will use this thread.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.