2.10 to 2.20: Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid column name 'Rtl'.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi,
I'm trying to upgrade my working Nop 2.10 to 2.20 on a shared web server.

As I did for the previous and successfully upgrades (1.90/2.00/2.10), I run the Update Script(s) with Versabanq Squel (http://versabanq.com/products/squel.php) and did the other steps, according to the instructions.

The result was a: "We're sorry, an internal error occurred that prevents the request to complete." (etc, etc).

So I opened up web.config and changed:
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="ErrorPage.htm">
to:
<customErrors mode="Off" defaultRedirect="ErrorPage.htm">

Now the result is:

Server Error in '/' Application.
Invalid column name 'Rtl'.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid column name 'Rtl'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid column name 'Rtl'.]
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +2030802
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +5009584
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning() +234
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +2275
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData() +33
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() +86
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +311
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) +987
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) +162
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) +32
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) +141
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +12
   System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +10
   System.Data.EntityClient.EntityCommandDefinition.ExecuteStoreCommands(EntityCommand entityCommand, CommandBehavior behavior) +443

[EntityCommandExecutionException: An error occurred while executing the command definition. See the inner exception for details.]
   System.Data.EntityClient.EntityCommandDefinition.ExecuteStoreCommands(EntityCommand entityCommand, CommandBehavior behavior) +479
   System.Data.Objects.Internal.ObjectQueryExecutionPlan.Execute(ObjectContext context, ObjectParameterCollection parameterValues) +736
   System.Data.Objects.ObjectQuery`1.GetResults(Nullable`1 forMergeOption) +149
   System.Data.Objects.ObjectQuery`1.System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<T>.GetEnumerator() +44
   System.Data.Entity.Internal.Linq.InternalQuery`1.GetEnumerator() +40
   System.Data.Entity.Infrastructure.DbQuery`1.System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<TResult>.GetEnumerator() +40
   System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection) +315
   System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList(IEnumerable`1 source) +58
   Nop.Services.Localization.<>c__DisplayClass1.<GetAllLanguages>b__0() in f:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Localization\LanguageService.cs:106
   Nop.Core.Caching.CacheExtensions.Get(ICacheManager cacheManager, String key, Int32 cacheTime, Func`1 acquire) in f:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Core\Caching\Extensions.cs:23
   Nop.Services.Localization.LanguageService.GetAllLanguages(Boolean showHidden) in f:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Localization\LanguageService.cs:100
   Nop.Web.Framework.WebWorkContext.get_WorkingLanguage() in f:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Presentation\Nop.Web.Framework\WebWorkContext.cs:250
   Nop.Web.MvcApplication.SetWorkingCulture() in f:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Presentation\Nop.Web\Global.asax.cs:172
   Nop.Web.MvcApplication.Application_AuthenticateRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e) in f:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Presentation\Nop.Web\Global.asax.cs:122
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +148
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

Any help?

Thanks in advance,
Frankie
A Frustrated Nop User
12 years ago
It means that you DID NOT run upgrade scripts.
12 years ago
thank you very much, you put me on the right way.

I run the script again but in "debug mode" and everything seems to be all right.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.