Checkout Progress (improvement suggestions)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi,

The checkout progress is great! and it works for almost all scenarios, however, from a user point of view it may be confusing to go through so many steps.

I found that the 'Confirm' step is unnecessary.

The 'payment info' page should be the confirmation page, so these two can be combined.

I have already done it for a client, and I will continue doing it in the future.

What other people think?
12 years ago
I guess it could be made optional.

In my case, I moved the "Accept terms and conditions" on the confirmation page (there was a awkward behavior where pressing the checkout button from the minicart caused the cart page to appear with an error message saying to accept the terms and conditions when they were required). So it makes that final step less useless :)

Another modification I made is to skip the payment selection page if there is only one method available.
12 years ago
Another suggestion (a very important one) is to be able to amend your shipping or billing address.

I have already done this in www.hedonia.co.uk

It is not so difficult to do, just 2 more actions in the checkout page, a partial view and an [edit] link in each address.

NopCommerce should consider this one and also skipping the payment method selection if there is only one.
12 years ago
carlosmartinezt wrote:
from a user point of view it may be confusing to go through so many steps . . .

That's an understatement. WAY too many steps. Look at this :

For New Customers :

1. In the Shopping Cart, Customer clicks "Checkout" button.
2. Taken to Login Screen.
3. Clicks "Create an Account".
4. Taken to Account Registration screen, completes.
5. given a message "Your registration completed".
6. Clicks "Continue" and taken back to the shopping cart.
7. Click "Checkout" again.
8. Taken to "Please Enter Your Shipping Address" (uses the address entered above for default).
9. Taken to "Billing Address".
10. Taken to "Select Shipping Method".
11. Taken to "Select Payment Method".
12. Taken to "Payment Info".
13. Taken to "Confirm your order" screen.
14. Order Summary page displayed.

I started working elimating some steps but had to put it off.
But this is way too many steps.

12 years ago
Thanks for suggestions.

P.S. 'Edit address' pop-up window looks very interesting and good
12 years ago
carlosmartinezt wrote:
Another suggestion (a very important one) is to be able to amend your shipping or billing address.

I have already done this in www.hedonia.co.uk

BTW, just found an issue on your site. If you edit an address (during checkout) and enter some wrong values (for example, wrong or empty email address), the user isn't notified about it. The page is just refreshed
12 years ago
carlosmartinezt wrote:
Hi,

The checkout progress is great! and it works for almost all scenarios, however, from a user point of view it may be confusing to go through so many steps.

I found that the 'Confirm' step is unnecessary.

The 'payment info' page should be the confirmation page, so these two can be combined.

I have already done it for a client, and I will continue doing it in the future.

What other people think?

Any chance of sharing how you did this, very interested.

Using v1.9
12 years ago
Here's a link to a post I wrote to implement the automatic selection of the payment method when there's only one (not that it is very complicated... :)

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/11197/skip-payment-method-selection-when-there-is-only-one-nop-20.aspx#52499
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.