MAJOR Nop 2.2 Performance / MVC3 Performance Issues

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
exactly.  I just checked the site and it was running very fast.  But in general, the first page load is like 8-12 seconds.  If you look at my live site on v1.9... the performance is just fantastic.  and its always very consistent.

I dont have any results to compare to other servers, but in general, the latency has been there from the very start.

I am trying to connect some trace debuggers to it so that I can determine where the random latency is, but its pretty late here so I'll do that tomorrow.

As I said, I loaded all the v2.2 cart software and the base DB install without any changes and it was running the exact same way.  With latency.  When I load static html or even a basic MVC3 app, it runs fine, so its something with the Nop app that is causing the latency.

G
12 years ago
My site is STAGE on WWW.

Please check http://stage.arknaturals.com.

thanks!
12 years ago
Off topic errors: http://stage.arknaturals.com/c/82/Flea%20%26%20Tick
12 years ago
Are you running your sites on a dedicated server, or in a hosted environment? When I run my shop on a hosted environment, the initial loadtime is also about 8-10 seconds. I think this has something to do with IIS. When your site isn't used much (like a subdomain), IIS 'shuts down' the application pretty quick. When you do another request, it has to be loaded again. This can take some time. I'm not sure how you can keep the app 'alive', but I think a simple search should get you on the way.
12 years ago
stage.arknaturals.com is slow the first visit.
www.arknaturals.com easier and better
12 years ago
I have my sites on a shared hosting environment, but both 1.9 and 2.2 are there.  Also, I have keep-alive services setup for both, so the app pool should not be a problem as the sites are being called into memory and should be pre-compiled.

thanks for your reply!
12 years ago
If the application is holding on to objects in memory and these aren't being cleaned up by the garbage collection, then the memory usage will continue to grow until the web server recycles the application pool.  Could this be occurring?

Are you able to see how much server memory your application is consuming?
12 years ago
Hi!

I just implemented line by line tracing of the Application_Start() in global.asax, and what I found is that whenever I am seeing hanging...the app_start is firing.  Which basically means to me the application continues to restart in the app pool like you said?

I dont have access to the webserver, but I haven't done any modification of the core application, so I'm not sure what could be causing this, or how to monitor, research, and debug it.

Do you have any suggestions how to attack this?  And how to make sure objects in memory are being managed correctly?

thanks!
12 years ago
What happens when you install the initial nop website with your own database?
12 years ago
I tried pushing a base install to my hosting site out of the box and I encountered the same problems I am facing now.  I am going to try this again just to confirm.

FYI - I can now conclusively confirm that the issue is that my application keeps getting restarted.  I can see through logging that every time I hit latency, the log shows the application restarts.

My hosting company - winhost.com, has stated app pools are recycled for the following reasons:

1) Sustained CPU utlitization of 75% or greater over a 5 minute period
2) Exceeding the 100MB memory limit
3) Inactivity for 20 minutes (Idle Timeout)

3 seems impossible.  1 doesnt make sense, since the recycling is happening every 2-4 requests (within 30-40 seconds, not 5 minutes), unless I am misunderstanding this.

Anyone have any experience dealing with Item 2.  That seems most plausible, since that is a threshold, that when hit, would trigger a recycle, which could happen at any time in any session.

thanks.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.