Error when adding new product. please help!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I have installed the latest version and everything seemed fine, but when trying to add a new Product... this is what I get.  

We're sorry, an internal error occurred that prevents the request to complete.

Our supporting staff has been notified with this error and will address this issue shortly. We profusely apologize for the inconvenience and for any damage this may cause. You might want to try the same action at later time.

I am able to do everything else i've tried... including making categories, with photos, etc.  but no new products?
12 years ago
Same issue here.
thesite.com/newproducts also throws the error but thesite.com/recentlyviewproducts doesn't (along with most other pages).
These pages work on localhost and with an identical copy (2 different builds from the same source).
I've looked into the routing and it all appears ok.
The identical copy didn't work until I rebuilt it and reuploaded to the server.

Maybe there's some sort of dll trust issue??? I'm at a loss
12 years ago
Go to to your Administration / System / Log  to get the detailed error message
12 years ago
As usual, as soon as I post I found the solution.
Issue was with Execute permission on the Stored Procedure ProductLoadAllPaged. All good once I grant access to this
12 years ago
hmm... the only error I get, and I get a ton of these, is

Resource string (Admin.Configuration.LiveChats) is not found. Language ID = 1
12 years ago
I turned on the FULL error message setting in the web.Config file, if anyone can give me a hand, that would be great.  

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'ProductTemplateId', table 'Terrain.dbo.Product'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
The statement has been terminated.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'ProductTemplateId', table 'Terrain.dbo.Product'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
The statement has been terminated.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'ProductTemplateId', table 'Terrain.dbo.Product'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
The statement has been terminated.]
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +2073502
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +5064460
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning() +234
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +2275
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData() +33
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() +86
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +311
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) +987
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) +162
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) +32
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) +141
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +12
   System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +10
   System.Data.Mapping.Update.Internal.DynamicUpdateCommand.Execute(UpdateTranslator translator, EntityConnection connection, Dictionary`2 identifierValues, List`1 generatedValues) +8168800
   System.Data.Mapping.Update.Internal.UpdateTranslator.Update(IEntityStateManager stateManager, IEntityAdapter adapter) +267

[UpdateException: An error occurred while updating the entries. See the inner exception for details.]
   System.Data.Mapping.Update.Internal.UpdateTranslator.Update(IEntityStateManager stateManager, IEntityAdapter adapter) +389
   System.Data.EntityClient.EntityAdapter.Update(IEntityStateManager entityCache) +163
   System.Data.Objects.ObjectContext.SaveChanges(SaveOptions options) +609
   System.Data.Entity.Internal.InternalContext.SaveChanges() +120

[DbUpdateException: An error occurred while updating the entries. See the inner exception for details.]
   System.Data.Entity.Internal.InternalContext.SaveChanges() +206
   System.Data.Entity.Internal.LazyInternalContext.SaveChanges() +24
   System.Data.Entity.DbContext.SaveChanges() +20
   Nop.Data.EfRepository`1.Insert(T entity) in F:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Data\EfRepository.cs:37
   Nop.Services.Logging.DefaultLogger.InsertLog(LogLevel logLevel, String shortMessage, String fullMessage, Customer customer) in F:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Logging\DefaultLogger.cs:144
   Nop.Services.Logging.LoggingExtensions.FilteredLog(ILogger logger, LogLevel level, String message, Exception exception, Customer customer) in F:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Logging\LoggingExtensions.cs:39
   Nop.Services.Logging.LoggingExtensions.Error(ILogger logger, String message, Exception exception, Customer customer) in F:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Logging\LoggingExtensions.cs:23
   Nop.Admin.Controllers.BaseNopController.LogException(Exception exc) +185
   Nop.Admin.Controllers.BaseNopController.OnException(ExceptionContext filterContext) +98
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.System.Web.Mvc.IExceptionFilter.OnException(ExceptionContext filterContext) +9
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeExceptionFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, Exception exception) +115
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) +308
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() +115
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +94
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.System.Web.Mvc.IController.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +10
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClassb.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5() +37
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0() +21
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass8`1.<BeginSynchronous>b__7(IAsyncResult _) +12
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End() +55
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClasse.<EndProcessRequest>b__d() +31
   System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.<GetCallInAppTrustThunk>b__0(Action f) +7
   System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.ProcessInApplicationTrust(Action action) +23
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +59
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) +9
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +8963149
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +184
12 years ago
Problem SOLVED!!!! I believe when upgrading to the latest version of Nop (2.20) I only ran the first SQL script... maybe i forgot the second one?

What I did was to re-run both of those scripts and then replace the files on the server with the latest stuff... and now I am running smoothly!

so far so good!  thanks to the people who responded.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.