v.2.2 Shopping Cart produces strange characters

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I am just going through functional tests for v2.2 and am getting a page of strange characters (sample below) when clicking the re-order button from the order information page.

��`I�%&/m�{J�J��t��`$ؐ@�����iG#)�*��eVe]f@�흼��{���{��;�N'���?\fdl��J�ɞ!���?~|?"��Ey�')=��y6����h���uަ��?��2�2�O.�g]͋6��~kA4����o���4��GF���ݏ��ժ,�����N��Y;�lwg�wO1 �� ��5EI�=�Kpz=����������#�f4Ȗ�g���"+G�s¤%�G
12 years ago
I cannot reproduce the issue on a clean install.

I have only made changes to css styling, no code changes.
12 years ago
I had this show up on the screen after I changed the category menu to show how many products were there.
12 years ago
I have now found that is the shopping cart generally that is affected. Adding anything to cart or viewing cart generates the garbage.

I have been making changes to CSS all night so not exactly sure what broke it.
12 years ago
I have applied the style to a clean install with demo db with no issue so it's not that.

I have also tried different browser. In i.e clicking add to cart or view cart invokes a file download rather than taking you to the cart. Of course, there isn't a file to download so nothing happens.

Firefox generates the garbage page?
12 years ago
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/12508/nop-22-is-not-working-on-windows-server-2008-r2-standard.aspx
12 years ago
a.m. wrote:

I am using no source version. Is there a direct fix or do I need to download source, apply changes and recompile the files?
12 years ago
'm not sure whether it'll help, but you can also try the following steps:
1. Open web.config file
2. Find out the following line <customErrors defaultRedirect="errorpage.htm" mode="RemoteOnly">
3. Replace it with <customErrors defaultRedirect="errorpage.htm" mode="Off">
12 years ago
a.m. wrote:
'm not sure whether it'll help, but you can also try the following steps:
1. Open web.config file
2. Find out the following line <customErrors defaultRedirect="errorpage.htm" mode="RemoteOnly">
3. Replace it with <customErrors defaultRedirect="errorpage.htm" mode="Off">

I have tried this but it didn't help.

I have also built a clean site with fresh install and its ok with the demo data until I point it to the production database and the problem comes back.
12 years ago
I really need some help with this please.

I have recompiled a clean install with the change sets applied and when I run the install I get the following errors.

I do not understand the code so don't know what to do and am waiting to go live. I have a feeling it may have been all the .net windows updates on 12/10 that broke it in first place as everything was fine before.

Setup failed: System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains more than one element at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source) at System.Data.Objects.ELinq.ObjectQueryProvider.<GetElementFunction>b__3[TResult](IEnumerable`1 sequence) at System.Data.Objects.ELinq.ObjectQueryProvider.ExecuteSingle[TResult](IEnumerable`1 query, Expression queryRoot) at System.Data.Objects.ELinq.ObjectQueryProvider.System.Linq.IQueryProvider.Execute[S](Expression expression) at System.Data.Entity.Internal.Linq.DbQueryProvider.Execute[TResult](Expression expression) at System.Linq.Queryable.Single[TSource](IQueryable`1 source) at Nop.Services.Installation.InstallationService.InstallSettings() in C:\nopCommerce_2.20_Source\Libraries\Nop.Services\Installation\InstallationService.cs:line 4510 at Nop.Services.Installation.InstallationService.InstallData(String defaultUserEmail, String defaultUserPassword, Boolean installSampleData) in C:\nopCommerce_2.20_Source\Libraries\Nop.Services\Installation\InstallationService.cs:line 9233 at Nop.Web.Controllers.InstallController.Index(InstallModel model) in C:\nopCommerce_2.20_Source\Presentation\Nop.Web\Controllers\InstallController.cs:line 435
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.