2.1 and 2.2 picture upload in non-IE browsers

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I have been finding the picture upload (e.g. 1. Settings > General And Miscellaneous Settings > Pdf Settings OR 2. picture upload for Products) fails in non-IE browsers (e.g. Firefox and Chrome).

Tested using FF 7, Chrome 14, IE 8 with nopCommerce 2.1 and 2.2.

If attempting to upload a picture with FF or Chrome I can 'Browse' for the picture but once I have selected it nopCommerce immediately gives an error like 'header_logo.gif (4.8KB) - IO Error'.

The system works as expected for IE and the image is correctly uploaded.

The errors occur when trying to save to the filesystem.

I believe 2.1 only saves to the filesystem but 2.2 allows the choice between DB and filesystem. If 2.2 setting is selected to save images in the DB it works fine but fails if filesystem is selected. Because 2.1 only uses filesystem it fails each time.

Write permissions have been set to the appropriate directories as per the user guide.
12 years ago
I have exactly the same issue, but in my case the selected storage is Database.
In IE I can upload images without any problems but in Firefox it fails.
12 years ago
It might have something todo with HTTPS.
Can this be fixed ?
12 years ago
The line that it fails on is in the picture controller, AsyncUpload where it attempts to read the Request.Files[0] and throws an indexoutofbounds exception. I'd assume that when you ignore the 'certificate doesn't match' error in IE it still passes the Request parameters through, but in the non-ie browsers they probably block request parameters even if you choose to continue to browse.

So, if your ssl cert is correct then you shouldn't have any problems
12 years ago
Thank you for your feedback.

I can confirm the issue is with SSL.

On our testing server (no valid SSL) the bug exists.

On the live server (valid SSL) there is no bug.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.