Extending NopCommerce (and contribute to community)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi,

For the projects i'm currently working on I need to create 3 add-ons, which I would like to contribute to the community:

- Profit Margin Price plugin. Based on the 'cost' price each productvariant can have a profit margin that would lead to a price.
- Dynamic Sell price based on precious metals price (Gold/Silver), that is retrieved from a webservice (currently investigating which one). I might make this a bit more configurable so it can be used for other kind of realtime prices as well.
- Extended CMS functionality. I might use Umbraco as base and create routings on the fly. If one already have experience with this please let me know.

And also, I don't really like the currrent checkout workflow, and need to investigate how I can tweak that as well. I really like the single check-out to be a single check-out, and not have the sign-in or register in front of it.

So, cause I'm pretty new to nopCommerce & MVC I would like to have some feedback on 'the way to go'. So to make this a awesome discussion I'm wondering if there are people that are interested to contribute in this (not like writing code, but to give me a headstart on how to extend this the best way).

To start:

- For the Profit Margin, I already have the service, domein, modal, mappings etc in place. The table has been created in the database by the installer and I'm making the controller / views for the back-end right now. i've run into some problems with that as you can read (https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/12699/admin-plugin-route.aspx) Then come's the biggest part, how to tweak or extend the current controllers/views.

- For the Dynamic Sell, I would like to make a custom task and configure it to run every x period, that add's the latest exchange rate (could be everything). The price on screen will be determined using the latest rate. That's something that is already on the wishlist based on the functionality above ^^

- NopCommerce is lacking some core CMS functionality I would like to extend. This should support multi-lingual as well. I would like to use Umbraco 4 (keep Umbraco 5 in mind)

Kind regards
12 years ago
Steven,

Funny timing.  I'm almost finished with a plugin that does exactly what you describe.  Dynamic pricing for products based on current market prices of precious metals.

I'm stuck on one point.  See my post here.  Perhaps you can help.

I'm glad to share / publish the results when complete.

-Matt
12 years ago
I've submitted my extension for dynamic pricing of precious metals.  You should be able to find it in the downloads area when it is approved.

Cheers,
Matt
12 years ago
Thank you. I will take a look at it a.s.a.p.
12 years ago
Still work in progress but nevertheless: I have extended Matt's plugin with some small extra's:
- Custom tier prices (percentage or discount on the dynamic piece price)
- Currency rate conversion based on the default currency converter

Now working on the back-end to create a list with inline edit possibilities.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.