weird character fix

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I just downloaded nop 2.2 should I apply the weird character fix ?

I just tried applying changeset d21c5993c77f and dd416ab78db1

I think changeset d21c5993c77f is causing some problem becoz when I rebuilt my project I get errors.

I think new CompressAttribute.cs file is creating problem and I see in the file in VS2010 :

if (!EngineContext.Current.Resolve<CommonSettings>().EnableHttpCompression) (missing assembly)

help ?
12 years ago
pepper wrote:
when I rebuilt my project I get errors...

I think new CompressAttribute.cs file is creating problem...

What errors? Could you make a screenshot?
12 years ago
Because of this problem only I get 43 errors, when I rebuilt with the 2.2 released code original file (CompressAttribute.cs) it works fine with no error but when I rebuilt with the new changeset I get this:

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/4937/errorlist.jpg

also http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/7412/errorlist2222.jpg

The new (CompressAttribute.cs) in changeset is causing problem.
12 years ago
Andrei, any solution ??

If you download 2.2 RTW and try to apply the changeset on it, you will see the errors.
12 years ago
It means that some of the previous changesets are also required (where new 'EnableHttpCompression' setting has been added to 'CommonSettings'). I would suggest you to download the latest version here and use it.
12 years ago
That was my first question here: I downloaded the nop 2.2 yesterday, DO I NEED TO APPLY THE weird character fix ?

I don't want to apply change set that require database update because I will not be able to upgrade to 2.3 later.

It is confusing because AFTER 2.2 RTW the changeset it available so first thinking is that apply the changeset as a fix to 2.2.
12 years ago
pepper wrote:
That was my first question here: I downloaded the nop 2.2 yesterday, DO I NEED TO APPLY THE weird character fix ?

Yes, if you see a page with weird chars.

pepper wrote:
I don't want to apply change set that require database update because I will not be able to upgrade to 2.3 later.

That's OK. You'll be able to upgrade to 2.30. Just follow the instruction in readme.txt file (provided with appropriate upgrade archive)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.