Configuring nopCommerce to use SSL

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Hi All,

I want to ensure my nopCommerce site uses SSL for the payment page (where credit card details are entered) and also for user login.

I understand that I need a security certificate (any recommendations?).

How do I then ensure that the CheckoutPaymentInfo.aspx and Login.aspx pages are delivered via HTTPS instead of HTTP?

Thanks to anyone that can assist.

Regards,
Andrew
14 years ago
After installing your SSL certificate, log into administration. Go to Configuration > Global Settings. Select the security tab and enable SSL.

Hope this helps,

Ben
14 years ago
Hi Ben,

Thank you, but where do I install the security certificate? Does the security certificate need to be registered to my live domain?

Regards,
Andrew
14 years ago
Hi Andrew,

In short, yes.

How you install it varies. If you are in a hosted environment then your host may install the certificate for you. If you have access to IIS Manager you can install yourself.

Does this help?

Thanks,
Ben
14 years ago
Hi Ben

Thanks, but its the 'install' part I am unsure about. Is it a file being installed in a specific location or registry changes with an encryption key added?

Sorry if that's an obvious question to the seasoned web developer, but its not something I have done before.

Also, how does nopCommerce then deliver pages via SSL (https:// rather than http://) - is that an internal function that has been developed in nopCommerce that is invoked when it sees the security certificate?

Thanks again.

Regards,
Andrew
14 years ago
Check with you SSL certificate provider on how to get the certificate.

Yes you need to get it for a specific domain.

You'd need to check with your host on where  and how to install the SSL certificate.

You most likely need to check with both.

nopCommerce automativally takes care of the rest after you enable SSL from admin (no need to know how it does that unless you having nothing else to do).
13 years ago
I went into security on 1.6 and I dont see any option for clicking SSL, will it show up once I install my cert?
13 years ago
ssl is no longer administered from admin

open your web.config file and set 'use ssl' to   true

- hayden
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.