nopCommerce 2.1 - Optimizing Images

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I just loaded a 500px by 500px image into a product. I know it is a bit big but that is the size of all our images.

I have set the "Product detail image size" to 300 so nopCommerce resizes my image. I went to the product page and viewed the image information by right clicking on the image in Firefox. The file size was 50.1kb

I then took the 500px by 500px image and resized it in Photoshop to 300px by 300px and "Saved for Web". My file size was 19.4kb which is much better. I then uploaded this image and went back to the product page and rechecked the image information in Firefox and the file size was 43.1kb. I thought it would have been 19.4kb, but it looks like nopCommerce recreated the image file.

So with all that said, how do I optimize my product images for nopCommerce?

Thanks,
Rhek
12 years ago
The following steps will reduce a generated image file size:
1. Open \Libraries\Nop.Services\Media\PictureService.cs file (source code version is requried)
2. Find 'ImageQuality' property
3. Set its value to 80 or 85
4. Recompile the solution
12 years ago
Thanks! (again!)
Rhek
12 years ago
Can the image quality setting be added to the Admin or to a config file?
12 years ago
kwotient wrote:
Can the image quality setting be added to the Admin or to a config file?

That would be great. I support this motion.

What does the image quality seeting exactly  does?
7 years ago
a.m. wrote:
The following steps will reduce a generated image file size:
1. Open \Libraries\Nop.Services\Media\PictureService.cs file (source code version is requried)
2. Find 'ImageQuality' property
3. Set its value to 80 or 85
4. Recompile the solution

I can see in Nop 3.80 we can change this in Admin Media Settings: Quality of 90 is gives good results with reduced image size.

But it would be good if we use can kraken as optional plugin to optimize images, here is the link: https://kraken.io/plugins , it seems its widely used.

May be helpful.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.