BuildMenuItem requires Telerik - please provider wrapper

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
public void BuildMenuItem(Telerik.Web.Mvc.UI.MenuItemBuilder menuItemBuilder)

This would preclude ability for  someone to create a non-open-source plugin.

Would the nop team please provide a "wrapper", so that the basic menu properties can be passed in without the Telerik class  (Text, Url, ImageUrl) ?
12 years ago
New York wrote:
public void BuildMenuItem(Telerik.Web.Mvc.UI.MenuItemBuilder menuItemBuilder)

This would preclude ability for  someone to create a non-open-source plugin.

Would the nop team please provide a "wrapper", so that the basic menu properties can be passed in without the Telerik class  (Text, Url, ImageUrl) ?

You could implement this as a plugin and share it with the community. You would get an additional 200 karma points and the nop team could then pull your plugin into the source as a permanent resident. This is how nopCommerce 2.2 got web services, a member wrote the code himself and the nop team pulled it into the project.
12 years ago
I would be happy to write it, but I just don't think it can be done with a plugin (or at least I can't figure out how)

The menu is built when the Menu View gets generated.  The menu.cshtml discovers admin plugins, because they are of  type IAdminMenuPlugin:

var adminMenuPlugins = EngineContext.Current.Resolve<Nop.Core.Plugins.IPluginFinder>().GetPlugins<IAdminMenuPlugin>();

And IAdminMenuPlugin's interface requires the Telerik MenuItemBuilder

public interface IAdminMenuPlugin : IPlugin
    {
        void BuildMenuItem(MenuItemBuilder menuItemBuilder);
    }
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.