List or Grid View - Make list the default

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Where would this setting be located? I'm not seeing it in the admin console.
12 years ago
mjohnstonBSI wrote:
Where would this setting be located? I'm not seeing it in the admin console.

If you go to Configurations > Settings > All Settings > look for catalogsettings.defaultviewmode and change it from grid to list.
12 years ago
Hmmm....I did not have one, so I added one and I'm still not seeing a change??
12 years ago
mjohnstonBSI wrote:
Hmmm....I did not have one, so I added one and I'm still not seeing a change??

What version are you running?  I know it's working for 2.4.

Also make sure you clear the cache after you make the change.
12 years ago
2.40. I cleared the cache and restarted the application. Still no change. We did upgrade from 2.30, not sure if that makes any difference.
12 years ago
mjohnstonBSI wrote:
2.40. I cleared the cache and restarted the application. Still no change. We did upgrade from 2.30, not sure if that makes any difference.

So you changed the value from "grid" to "list"
12 years ago
My bad on this one, it appears someone has made the majority of the products Featured products. I didn't navigate through enough categories to discover it is working correctly with regards to the actual products that fall outside of the Featured products list. Can we not change the Featured Products listings to operate in a "list" mode as well? The reason I ask is, we've altered the ProductBox.cshtml file to include a nice table (smallest size being about 300px wide) and it looks terrible when in a "grid" mode.
12 years ago
mjohnstonBSI wrote:
My bad on this one, it appears someone has made the majority of the products Featured products. I didn't navigate through enough categories to discover it is working correctly with regards to the actual products that fall outside of the Featured products list. Can we not change the Featured Products listings to operate in a "list" mode as well? The reason I ask is, we've altered the ProductBox.cshtml file to include a nice table (smallest size being about 300px wide) and it looks terrible when in a "grid" mode.

There should be a file for the featured page.  You just have to determine what's the proper code and css that should make it look nicely for you.
12 years ago
vitran23....thanks for your help on this! Unfortunately, I don't see any where that I can make a "one change" fits all for the Featured Products listings, so I will continue on editing the pages the contain this list. Not a huge deal, as it only appears to be the category, manufacturer, and search page listings (maybe the mobile pages as well).
10 years ago
a.m.

Thanks.  I needed to changed this on v3.0 and it worked.  Interesting though at first it did not because I put "List".
I changed it to "list" and they did it.  I wouldn't have guessed that it would be case sensitive.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.