Practical Example of Using the Web Service API?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Can anyone provider an example of how to use the web services api to, for example, return a list of new orders?
12 years ago
NOBODY has an help to offer here? What point is the API if there's zero documentation?
12 years ago
1. Go to admin area > configuration > Access Control List and ensure that you 'Access Web Service' permission configured.
2. To access service use http://www.yourStore.com/Plugins/Misc.WebServices/Remote/NopService.svc
3. In order to find out a list of supported methods please have a look at the following file \src\Plugins\Nop.Plugin.Misc.WebServices\INopService.cs (provided in the package with ource code)
12 years ago
Andrei,

I don't even see that setting in the Access Control List page... nor do I see how to add it.

Robert
12 years ago
What version are you running? This feature was added in 2.20
10 years ago
I have been trying to add a service api for some time now, I was about to use Web Api 2, but experienced some
problems binding the right packages, since NopCommerce 2.80 apears to be using some earlier versions that don't provide
all functions expected to be available.

Searching the right way to finally get some sort of Service working, today I found the misc.plugin.Webservices I wished I found earlier.
Thing is, I need to either extend the WebService or develop my own Webservice-Plugin. And my experience with a SOAP Service is rather thin.

So there are 2 Questions

Question 1:

I activated the Webservice Plugin like Andrei described
and called the service address in the browser:
http://www.mydomain.com/Plugins/Misc.WebServices/Remote/NopService.svc .

Just to see how or if it basically works.
There I got a website basically telling me:

call

http://www.mydomain.com/Plugins/Misc.WebServices/Remote/NopService.svc?singleWsdl

a file will be generated that you will need to implement in the Client application that is meant to call the service.

I don't want to ruin anything meaning: if I do call this site and later change the Webservice Interface
by adding new Operations, will I have to generate a new file and will the provided link always generate the files or just once the service has been activated?

Question 2:
If I was to write my own Service Plugin would it be enough to just copy the Misc.Webservice Plugin and
create my own Access Functions?
10 years ago
Q1: yes, you would have to generate the WSDL file again if you add extra functions and want to use those in the application that calls the web service. Yes, it will generate the WSDL every time you call that URL (not just on the first run).

Q2: yes, you could copy the existing plugin and modify it with your own functions. As long as you make sure that the plugin name is different, otherwise it would cause a conflict.
8 years ago
This plugin is no longer part of the default 3.60 distribution.

I strongly prefer WSDL over REST  - would there be any valid reason for me not to implement this for a custom application ?
7 years ago
i can not find web services plugin  can someone help i am using 3.90, can someone share that plugin
7 years ago
razamemon wrote:
i can not find web services plugin  can someone help i am using 3.90, can someone share that plugin

You can take a reference of nopCommerce REST Service Plugin OR api-plugin-for-nopcommerce and create your own!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.