Add new product need to cut steps

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi,

Could you please  take your time to optimize the adding new product process. Right now, I need to create product first and map category/manufacturer to a new product. Take 2 times longer than necessary.

I think you should include a list of category and manufacturer and let user to select as many as they like, and update your product table after having saved the new product with the selected list of category and manufacturer.

Just my sharing,

Please input something that i may not know to get around this.

Nam Vo.
12 years ago
congthanhgiong wrote:
Hi,

Could you please  take your time to optimize the adding new product process. Right now, I need to create product first and map category/manufacturer to a new product. Take 2 times longer than necessary.

I think you should include a list of category and manufacturer and let user to select as many as they like, and update your product table after having saved the new product with the selected list of category and manufacturer.

Just my sharing,

Please input something that i may not know to get around this.

Nam Vo.

Hi Nam Vo
I am not sure I am understood you, but when you create a product right there you have the Category/Manufacturer mappings tabs where you can do the mapping. Besides you have the Copy options in Product Managemet which can let you skip many steps while creating many products.
12 years ago
hi,

Sorry, my english is not good enough to explain the detail.

Anyway, not sure how you can map a product to categories/manufacturers while creating a new product. It always gives the message

"You need to save the product before you can map categories for this product page."

"You need to save the product before you can map manufacturers for this product page."

What i'd like to point out is that it should allow users to map right along the way, no need to save first and then comeback each time to map the product. Also where is Product Managemet located on ? I seems lost in the menu jungle here :D

Thanks for your help.
12 years ago
congthanhgiong wrote:
hi,

Sorry, my english is not good enough to explain the detail.

Anyway, not sure how you can map a product to categories/manufacturers while creating a new product. It always gives the message

"You need to save the product before you can map categories for this product page."

"You need to save the product before you can map manufacturers for this product page."

What i'd like to point out is that it should allow users to map right along the way, no need to save first and then comeback each time to map the product. Also where is Product Managemet located on ? I seems lost in the menu jungle here :D

Thanks for your help.

No problem, my English is not good either ;).
You have to save evrty timer you move to another tab, but you can do it with Save and Continue (there is a bug ehich in some IE takes you out of the product editing and you have to go back; but this bug will be fixed).
It is in administration>catalog>products>manage products
12 years ago
Thanks for your reply, i'm clear a bit now. Just one more thing, suppose users don't click on "Save and continue editing", then the product has no category or manufacturer, so how will these products be founded on the FrontPage as no way to click on Categories to search for them.

Is it kind of a risk to let users do such actions? I think it should be constrained to at least one category/manufacturer before it can be saved, otherwise there could be a junk of products that never be used or touch because users forget to get them updated.
12 years ago
congthanhgiong wrote:
Thanks for your reply, i'm clear a bit now. Just one more thing, suppose users don't click on "Save and continue editing", then the product has no category or manufacturer, so how will these products be founded on the FrontPage as no way to click on Categories to search for them.

Is it kind of a risk to let users do such actions? I think it should be constrained to at least one category/manufacturer before it can be saved, otherwise there could be a junk of products that never be used or touch because users forget to get them updated.

The product can still be found with the search options. Nevertheless there is an open workitem to identify this undesired situations. Check:
http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/9923
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.