Development with a shared database

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
How can we develop on two separate machines using a shared database? When I first ran the project from my machine I deployed the DB to a server on our network. I then checked my project into TFS so a co worker could check it out. It builds fine on his machine but takes him to the install page when he runs it. How can he use the existing DB I already have setup? We are using version 2.2.
12 years ago
I figured it out. Just needed to add that settings.txt file.
12 years ago
dunger wrote:
How can we develop on two separate machines using a shared database? When I first ran the project from my machine I deployed the DB to a server on our network. I then checked my project into TFS so a co worker could check it out. It builds fine on his machine but takes him to the install page when he runs it. How can he use the existing DB I already have setup? We are using version 2.2.

You need to check in 2 additional files in the Nop.Web\App_Data folder.

*Settings.txt
*InstalledPlugins.txt

Once you've checked those in have your partner get latest from TFS and then rebuild and run.
12 years ago
I was too slow. Glad you got it figured out.
12 years ago
Thanks for the reply.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.