Backorders: "Allow qty below 0" and "Allow qty below 0 and notify customer" difference?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I can't seem to tell the difference between these two product variant settings.  It looks like the"OrderPlaced.CustomerNotification" message template is sent to the customer in both cases.  What am I missing?  Thanks in advance.
12 years ago
Ok after looking at the source I figured it out.  For others...

The difference is only visible to the customer if the "Display Stock Availablilty" is checked on the product variant.  So "Allow qty below 0" displays "Availability: In stock" to the customer. "Allow qty below 0 and notify customer" displays "Availability: Out of Stock - on backorder and will be despatched once in stock." to the customer.  Unfortunately the notification email to the customer is the same in both instances.
12 years ago
I think despatched is spelled dispatched. :-)

Id  LanguageId  ResourceName  ResourceValue
3140  1  Products.Availability.Backordering  Out of Stock - on backorder and will be despatched once in stock.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.