Adding a new login Account for my Web Designer

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hiya,

I have a company that needs access to our nop commerce site as they will be carrying out the SEO for us. How do I create a new login username and password for them? Also, do I give them total access or restrict certain areas?

Cheers
12 years ago
sayed90210 wrote:
Hiya,

I have a company that needs access to our nop commerce site as they will be carrying out the SEO for us. How do I create a new login username and password for them? Also, do I give them total access or restrict certain areas?

Cheers

If the designer only needs to change the SEO fields provided in nopCommerce then the only need login administration access. If the designer needs to change HTML then they will need to have access to the server for uploading changes.

In nopCommerce 2.x adding a new account is as simple as having the user register and giving them admin privileges  through the administration console.

If you're concerned about security you might setup a staging area where the designer can work without the risk of substandard practices.
12 years ago
In nopcommerce there are very few predefined access levels that you can use. Unfortunately there are no access control templates that you can assign to different roles such as web developers etc. But the good thing is that it does give you control over the admin tasks that you can assign to a user. In the admin area you have Configuration -> Access Control List. There you have different roles. If you are not using Forum Moderators then you can assign FM the desired roles that you want to allow access to the vendor and assign that user the FM role in Customer -> Customers and add a new customer with the Forum Moderator role assigned. This is a crude way of meeting your requirements and not giving them admin rights to everything.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.