Adding a column to product table which can be used in search facility

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi ,

Is it possible to add a an extra column and get rid of some columns in the product table , i need an extra column named as Code as i have got a code for each products , and on advance search i m looking to extend the search facility including a dropdown which displays the codes of d products so that the client can search the products with respect to that code , the website is for medical use so it will only be used by medical audience who will have a knowledge of medical codes.

Currently the product table is populated with loads of columns which is not even used by me , and for the client is quite confusing when uploading their products to the site using import excel functionality as they have to use the default template.

Can anyone guide me how to achieve that..

Thnx
12 years ago
creative3k wrote:
Hi ,

Is it possible to add a an extra column and get rid of some columns in the product table , i need an extra column named as Code as i have got a code for each products , and on advance search i m looking to extend the search facility including a dropdown which displays the codes of d products so that the client can search the products with respect to that code , the website is for medical use so it will only be used by medical audience who will have a knowledge of medical codes.

Currently the product table is populated with loads of columns which is not even used by me , and for the client is quite confusing when uploading their products to the site using import excel functionality as they have to use the default template.

Can anyone guide me how to achieve that..

Thnx

Here are some options of fields (if not used) you can use for this purpose:
- A Specification Attribute
- A product Tag (it can be searched)
- Short Description
- SKU or Manufacturer Part Number at variant level
- Administrative comments (product or variant)

I just found out that in v2.3 (coming around next week) a field will be included for that purpose. Check here.
12 years ago
When to expect version 2.3 , late this month ??
12 years ago
Also if i modify those fields do i have to change the model , controller for products
12 years ago
creative3k wrote:
When to expect version 2.3 , late this month ??

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/12712/roadmap-for-23.aspx
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.