Wholesale Restricted Product Access

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I have a retail store.  I want to add wholesale as a part of this store.  I thought that I can have a section of the site where I can restricted anyone not entitled a "Wholesaler" or favorite customer (whatever role I want).  I can not figure this out and have been reading the boards.  Does it exist now with the current release or not?  If so, can someone give me step by step directions?  I don't want to have to build a whole new store just for wholesale.
Thanks
12 years ago
laradean wrote:
I have a retail store.  I want to add wholesale as a part of this store.  I thought that I can have a section of the site where I can restricted anyone not entitled a "Wholesaler" or favorite customer (whatever role I want).  I can not figure this out and have been reading the boards.  Does it exist now with the current release or not?  If so, can someone give me step by step directions?  I don't want to have to build a whole new store just for wholesale.
Thanks

If you have the same catalog for retail and wholesale but with different pricing  then you can use the feature of Tier Prices which can bwe different for different customer roles.
12 years ago
Thanks Eduardo:  The description of the product is different:  wholesale buys in bulk.  Can I still use tiered pricing?

Thanks,
Lori
12 years ago
laradean wrote:
Thanks Eduardo:  The description of the product is different:  wholesale buys in bulk.  Can I still use tiered pricing?

Thanks,
Lori

Hi Lori:
Can you please give more details/example of what you need.
If you mean that a product A  in retalil will be sold for $100 and in wholesale will be sold for $80 (or let's say $90 for the first 3 units, for $80 for 4 to 10 units and for $75 for 11 or mor units) you can use tiered pricing.
12 years ago
What we want to do is have TWO catalogs under one store.  here is the live store:  mardonaspecialtyfoods.com.  What we need is a complete set of products, with different pricing that is ONLY AVAILABLE to people who are logged in.

The tiered attributes doesn't work because the wholesaler can not see his price when he logs in, plus it is confusing.

Or do I need to have two instances of the store?  One for retail and one for Whole Sale?

Thanks
12 years ago
laradean wrote:
What we want to do is have TWO catalogs under one store.  here is the live store:  mardonaspecialtyfoods.com.  What we need is a complete set of products, with different pricing that is ONLY AVAILABLE to people who are logged in.

The tiered attributes doesn't work because the wholesaler can not see his price when he logs in, plus it is confusing.

Or do I need to have two instances of the store?  One for retail and one for Whole Sale?

Thanks

Lori:
If both stores will have the SAME sets of products with the SAME NAMES, DESCRIPTIONS, etc. but DIFFERENT PRICING, check this
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.