Has anyone done any work in keeping product license keys and product registration?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Before I start work on this my self, I was wondering if anybody has done work in this direction, or if I'm going down the right direction.

Basically I want to be able to populate a set of product keys related to a product (so new table/entity).  When customer purchases that product, he can download the product and either have it display the product key and/or email it to them.  The same product can be sold outside of the online system (nopCommerce) so in that case, the product key comes in the box.  The product has a registration mechanism (will use web service) to either confirm the online install has been done, or the offline purchase has been installed (and connected to a newly created customer entry if not all ready in database).

I also need to be able to register the customer (if product bought by box not via online nopCommerce) from the product which I can do either using web service (but then have to do a captch via web service) or host an browser window on app (which has registration stuff using apps color motif).  I will of course need a series of pages to manage this.  I'm thinking that this could be done in 3 plugins? 1 for web service (because it's a web service), 2 for admin (because it's admin world), 3 for simple user registration (because it's done in users world).

In the end, it will be a bit more complicated than that because the registration will tie in an install with a pc etc so have to let customer unregister license so that it can be re-installed on another pc etc.

Any feedback on this?

Thanks,
Bernie
12 years ago
Take a look at this "http://www.softlock.net/"

I use to use them a few years ago
12 years ago
Thans for your response.  I all ready have the protection software protection scheme, but I want to integrate with nopCommerce and be able to integrate into the customer record.  I'm trying to find the best way to add a table (e.g. a product key table to keep product keys, a registration table, all tied back to the customer).  I'm looking for documentation on what the best way to do this.

Bernie
12 years ago
You can find info on extending nop, e.g.
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/11315/how-to-extending-nopcommerce-v20.aspx

but there is no doc regarding your specific needs.

I do wonder though, whether you could simplify things by using existing Downloadable Products support - e.g. OrderProductVariant has a LicenseDownloadId field referencing Downloads table, so you could track a customer's licenses via his orders, etc.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.