NOP VERSION 1.80  - I LAST ORDERED THE 1.90 SOFTWARE & PDF but I did not want to upgrade until in production!
I HAVE NOT MADE ANY CHANGES TO CODE -  VS2010 PUBLISHED OK, NO ERRORS!
THE VS2010 BUILTIN DEV SERVER LOADS AND RUNS THIS VERSION FINE, IN FACT I BEEN USING IT FOR ALL UPDATING OF THE BATABASE - I SHOULD HAVE PUBLISHED MONTHS AGO INSTEAD OF WAITING UNTIL I WAS OUT OF TIME - I THINK THE BUILT-IN DEV SERVER DOES NOT USE THE SAME WEB.CONFIG  FILE THAT THE PUN VER DOES?

***************THIS WAS THE FIRST ERROR I GOT AFTER RUNNING DEFAULT.ASPX  ***********************
Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'targetFramework'. Note that attribute names are case-sensitive.

Source Error:

Line 22:       <error statusCode="404" redirect="filenotfound.htm"/>
Line 23:     </customErrors>
Line 24:     <compilation debug="true" targetFramework="4.0">
Line 25:       <expressionBuilders>
Line 26:         <add expressionPrefix="NopResources" type="NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Localization.NopResourceExpressionBuilder, Nop.BusinessLogic"/>

Source File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\StoreMAX\NopCommerceStore_deploy\web.config    Line: 24

**********THIS WAS THE 2ND ERROR I GOT AFTER RUNNING DEFAULT.ASPX  AFTER DEL LINE 24*************
Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'requestValidationMode'. Note that attribute names are case-sensitive.

Source Error:

Line 17:   <urlrewritingnet configSource="UrlRewriting.config"/>
Line 18:   <system.web>
Line 19:     <httpRuntime maxRequestLength="51200" requestValidationMode="2.0"/>
Line 20:     <customErrors mode="Off" defaultRedirect="errorpage.htm">
Line 21:       <error statusCode="403" redirect="bannedaddress.htm"/>

Source File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\StoreMAX\NopCommerceStore_deploy\web.config    Line: 19

I EDITED THE WEB.CONFIG FOR 4 MORE DOWN LEVELS & CONTINUED TO KEEP GETING DIFF ERRORS???

I DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS POSSIBLE - BUT IT SEEMS THAT I HAVE THE WRONG WEB.CONFIG FOR THE "RELEASE MODE" OR THERE IS A LIB REF MISSING.  I HOPE THAT SOMEONE HAS HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE, BECAUSE IF I CAN'T GET THE PRODUCTION VERSION UP AND RUNNING FOR THE "TEST SHOPPERS" TO VERFIFY FOR THE INVESTORS, THEY ARE GOING TO PULL THE TV ADS & PROMOS BEFORE THANKSGIVING FRIDAY - WHICH WILL KILL THIS XMAS SEASOM AND THE GRAND OPENING PLANS AND ALL THAT PRINTED MATERIALS!

jERRY - StoreMAX Inc.