Customize Registration Fields?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Is there a quick way to customize the registration page?

ie: we would like to remove the Birth Date field as our customers will probably not want to enter this information.

Can this be configured in the back-end?

Under Content Management/localization, i found this:
  Account.DateOfBirth

If i edit/delete this will it break my site?

Thanks.
14 years ago
at the moment there is no control from the back-end. When you refer to: Account.DateOfBirth This will just change the text in the label for the DOB.

What I suggest you do is edit the Modules/CustomerRegister.ascx

and remove fields you do not require, you will then need to remove relivant coding CS file.

eg:

Modules/CustomerRegister.ascx

Remove

<tr class="Row">
<td class="ItemName">
<%=GetLocaleResourceString("Account.DateOfBirth")%>:
</td>
<td class="ItemValue">
<asp:TextBox runat="server" ID="txtDateOfBirth" />
<asp:ImageButton runat="Server" ID="iDateOfBirth" ImageUrl="~/images/Calendar_scheduleHS.png"
                                                AlternateText="Click to show calendar" /><br />
<ajaxToolkit:CalendarExtender ID="cDateOfBirthButtonExtender" runat="server" TargetControlID="txtDateOfBirth"
                                                PopupButtonID="iDateOfBirth" />
</td>
</tr>

And then remove relivant code behind Modules/CustomerRegister.ascx.cs

Comment Out

Line: 154 //TextBox txtDateOfBirth = (TextBox)CreateUserWizardStep1.ContentTemplateContainer.FindControl("txtDateOfBirth");

Line: 184            //try
Line: 185            //{
Line: 186            //    DateTime dateOfBirth = DateTime.Parse(txtDateOfBirth.Text);
Line: 187            //    customer.DateOfBirth = dateOfBirth;
Line: 188            //}
Line: 189            //catch
Line: 190            //{
Line: 191            //    customer.DateOfBirth = null;
Line: 192           //}

You will need to remember that you will have to edit other files within the store front like Modules/CustomerInfo and so on.

Hope this helps in some way.

mike..
14 years ago
Thanks for your help! It would have taken me close to an hour to find those files.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that commenting these out won't break anything.
13 years ago
Is there a way to add new registration fields such as sizes (for clothing, number/age of children, etc.?
13 years ago
Any solution !!

I'm searching about adding new field drop down list to select the appropriate costumer Role (Dealers, staff, etc.)
Is there any way to do it from the back end ?? or i should change my register.asx with some other files ??

Best regards !!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.