PayPal Express. Reasons to add as a standard payment method

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
thrifty34 wrote:
The Problem is I think Paypal only allows me one Handler URL for both express and Direct?

You specify the return URL for PayPal Express in the code.

PayPalExpressPaymentProcessor.cs

ReturnURL = _webHelper.GetStoreLocation(_webHelper.SslEnabled()) + "Plugins/PaymentPayPalExpress/GetDetails"
12 years ago
rdub wrote:
Now that I have it, how do I install it?

Put files in a folder in the plugins folder. Call the folder Payments.PayPalExpress

The plugin should now appear in the list of plugins in the admin panel. If it doesn't restart the application (top right of admin panel).

Install the plugin then configure it with you credentials

Hope this helps

Darren
12 years ago
As soon as I did that I got a server error. Removing the files hasn't resolved the issue.
12 years ago
Everytime I try to refresh the list of plugins I get in internal error screen.

I must have tried this at least 8 times.
12 years ago
I have the files now uploaded in the Payments.PayPalExpress directory without an error. However, the plugin doesn't show in the plugin list. I have done reload several times.
12 years ago
rdub wrote:
I have the files now uploaded in the Payments.PayPalExpress directory without an error. However, the plugin doesn't show in the plugin list. I have done reload several times.

Are you using nopCommerce 2.2 or 2.3? Which version was the plugin compiled for? I saw someone mention that it was compiled for 2.2.
12 years ago
I was sent the files for 2.3 today.

Turns out the Description.txt file is what triggers the error. If I remove that file there is no error. But, of course, it is not listed in the list of plugins.
12 years ago
Think we need to hear from Darren on this. I believe it is his plugin.

Why would the Description.txt file cause it to error out.
12 years ago
Doubtful it's the Description.txt file causing error.  It's the presence of the Description.txt file that the plugin loader recognizes to even load the plugin.   I.e. without a .txt file there's no attempt to load plugin.
12 years ago
Exactly but as soon as I upload the Descriptions.txt file and reload the list of plugins it errors out. As soon as I remove that file the site will come back up. Makes no sense to me.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.