upgade from 1.9 to 2.3

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi,

I need to upgrade a nopcommerce instance from 1.90 to 2.30 on my hosted live website (only have FTP access, no remote desktop etc)

Since I'm new to upgrading nopcommerce and I'm reading some contradicting posts on the forum, i'd like to double check first ;-)

So what are the steps I need to undertake?
(just FTP the v2.30 files on the top of the existing files and then visit the website to initiate the upgrade wizard just like DNN? or do I manually need to run upgrade scripts?)

Do I need to upgrade from v1.90 to v2.0 first?

Thanks!
12 years ago
rudgr wrote:
Hi,

I need to upgrade a nopcommerce instance from 1.90 to 2.30 on my hosted live website (only have FTP access, no remote desktop etc)

Since I'm new to upgrading nopcommerce and I'm reading some contradicting posts on the forum, i'd like to double check first ;-)

So what are the steps I need to undertake?
(just FTP the v2.30 files on the top of the existing files and then visit the website to initiate the upgrade wizard just like DNN? or do I manually need to run upgrade scripts?)

Do I need to upgrade from v1.90 to v2.0 first?

Thanks!

Hi,firstly back up and then upgrade step by step your system . 1.90 >2.00>.. exc..
if you have specific function you need rewrite for mvc..
Thanks..
12 years ago
thanks!
12 years ago
I believe you have to do the following:
1) Backup your existing store
2) Sequentially run upgrade scripts for 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 against your DB
3) Upload 2.3 files to your server
4) Update string resources using the ones for 2.3 (if available)
5) Ensure that all the settings are the ones you need
6) Reimplement your customizations (if any)
12 years ago
Here are some other recommendations: https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/13681/need-help-upgrading-nopcommerce-from-v-190-to-v-230.aspx
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.