Currency & Exchange Anomoly

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
We are working on Nop 2.2

We appear to have found an unexpected issue in the software. This system works off the shelf in a base currency of USD at an exchange rate of 0.68 to EUR. I changed the base currency to EUR, however I left the exchange rate between the base currency (EUR) and the shop currency (EUR) at 0.68. Obviously since they are the same currency I did not expect it to matter.

Nowhere in the site did it cause a problem - if a product was €10 it was displayed as €10 in all areas. However when the customer purchased a product (and paid €10) they got an order confirmation email saying they paid €6.80. It would appear that when the order confirmation e-mail is generated it multiplies the order amount by the rate associated with the order currency even if that order currency is the primary (and in our case only) currency.

The fix to this is to set the exchange rate to 1.00, but as the behavior is inconsistent I would suggest that a long term fix in the code would be appropriate.
12 years ago
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/13610/currency-exchange-rate-for-primary-store-currency.aspx

You're right. We should notify store owner in case primary exchange rate is not set to 1.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.