Fix for very slow ISS first time loading?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi,

I have earlier read here at the forum that people had big problems with slow loading times when the nopCommerce application haven't been active on the IIS for some time.

Have you tried the new feature for the webconfig of asp.net 4: Autostart?

http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2009/09/15/auto-start-asp-net-applications-vs-2010-and-net-4-0-series.aspx

Joe Stagner also bescribes it very good in this video:

http://www.asp.net/web-forms/videos/net-4/core/aspnet-4-quick-hit-auto-start
12 years ago
Thanks a lot. I'll create a work item

P.S. It works only on IIS 7.5
12 years ago
Oh, okay. But doesn't everyone use the newest technology ;p

Looking forward to see the solution implemented in the version of nopCommerce. I will try it out myself this weekend or first thing monday morning. I will come back with the result :).
12 years ago
I see it will not be standardly implemented because of the location of some files.

But maybe some example files/snippets can be included?
12 years ago
ajhvdb wrote:
But maybe some example files/snippets can be included?

Include where? You have to manually open an appropriate file (C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\config\applicationHost.config) and apply the required changes (as described it in the original post)
12 years ago
I need to explain myself better, sorry.

In the video there is a page/class created which is called when the startup automatically occurs.

Which should I use with nop? create it self or use an existing default one?
12 years ago
Did you ever figure this out? I watched the video and all just wasnt sure what type of custom class how to implement it.

Using the latest version of nopcommerce
ajhvdb wrote:
I need to explain myself better, sorry.

In the video there is a page/class created which is called when the startup automatically occurs.

Which should I use with nop? create it self or use an existing default one?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.