Error saving settings in Admin area if interface setted to non-English

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
When I try to save changes anything in Admin/Configuration and when interface language set to non-English (Russian) then error occures with following message in event log:
When interface set to English then saving finished ok.

Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list.

System.FormatException: Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list. at System.Text.StringBuilder.AppendFormat(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object[] args) at System.String.Format(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object[] args) at System.String.Format(String format, Object[] args) at Nop.Services.Logging.CustomerActivityService.InsertActivity(String systemKeyword, String comment, Object[] commentParams) in f:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Logging\CustomerActivityService.cs:line 160 at Nop.Services.Logging.CustomerActivityService.InsertActivity(String systemKeyword, String comment) in f:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Logging\CustomerActivityService.cs:line 138 at Nop.Admin.Controllers.SettingController.CustomerUser(CustomerUserSettingsModel model) at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) at System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass15.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__12() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass15.<>c__DisplayClass17.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__14() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.System.Web.Mvc.IController.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c__DisplayClass6.<>c__DisplayClassb.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass8`1.<BeginSynchronous>b__7(IAsyncResult _) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End() at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c__DisplayClasse.<EndProcessRequest>b__d() at System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.<GetCallInAppTrustThunk>b__0(Action f) at System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.ProcessInApplicationTrust(Action action) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

URL страницы:  http://.../admin/setting/customeruser  
Referrer URL:  http://.../Admin/Setting/CustomerUser  

What is wrong?
12 years ago
According to the stack trace you're trying to update 'Customer Settings' page. And the exception is thrown on the following line of code:
_customerActivityService.InsertActivity("EditSettings", _localizationService.GetResource("ActivityLog.EditSettings"));

Go to admin area > configuration > languages. Click 'View string resources' beside the Russian language. Find 'ActivityLog.EditSettings' locale resource. What is its value?
12 years ago
a.m. wrote:
According to the stack trace you're trying to update 'Customer Settings' page. And the exception is thrown on the following line of code:
_customerActivityService.InsertActivity("EditSettings", _localizationService.GetResource("ActivityLog.EditSettings"));

Go to admin area > configuration > languages. Click 'View string resources' beside the Russian language. Find 'ActivityLog.EditSettings' locale resource. What is its value?

Andrey,

It value is "Изменена настройка ('{0}')". Is it correct?
12 years ago
No, it should not contain '{0}'. Remove it. The resource should be "Изменена настройка"
12 years ago
a.m. wrote:
No, it should not contain '{0}'. Remove it. The resource should be "Изменена настройка"

Andrei,

Thank you very much. Fixed.
12 years ago
hi.....i have the problem with rtl,
      am using Nop V 2.30 i am developing website for multilingual RTL language for Arabic......i have problems when i use the language options to arabic from englsih...am gettting error like ....but when i use englsih as my website language it working fine...but when i use arabic as my option i get runt time error like........

In catalog controller Line No 328.....

model.DefaultPictureModel.Title = string.Format(_localizationService.GetResource("Media.Product.ImageLinkTitleFormat"), model.Name);

ERROR:
Input string was not in a correct format.

in xml i changed this

<LocaleResource Name="Media.Product.ImageLinkTitleFormat">
    <Value>Show details for {0}</Value>
  </LocaleResource>  

to Arabic  

<LocaleResource Name="Media.Product.ImageLinkTitleFormat">
    <Value>{إظهار تفاصيل {0</Value>
  </LocaleResource>  

what should be done to get rid of this error please help.....

i posted a topic here please have look.....it was not solved

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/13673/problem-with-multilingual-rtl-languages.aspx
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.