Product variant attributes and tier prices

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Hi,

are there any suggestions how to combine product variant attributes and tier prices? Is it in the roadmap of the shop?

We are developing a shop to sell i.e. photo albums (with the images of the customer), therefore it is necessary to combine productvariant attributes with tier prices (5 copies of the same album have to be cheaper (per item) than 1). And to create all possible variants (of binding, size, paper quality and number of pages) is a quiet a lot of work.

Best regards
14 years ago
Hi

I believe there is a bug that prevents you from doing this. I'll explain:

I had a tiered price for an item (SKU). One item = £80, and more than 2 of them reduces cost to £75 each. So far so good. I then needed to allow for customers keeping the item in it's delivery package, which would add £10 to the cost (per item)...
I realized that this could be done by setting it up as a 'Product Variant Attribute' - you tick a checkbox for the variant "keep in delivery package", and hey presto - the £10 would be added!!

At this point I was singing praises of the wonderfully clever nopComm people...   :)

BUT - the Tiered Pricing nullifies the 'Product Variant Attribute'. All of my product range now offers this 'Product Variant Attribute' and they all work perfectly except one - the only one that offers tiered pricing - in that specific case the tiered pricing works, but the 'Product Variant Attribute' does not.

P.S. dear nopComm - could you please confirm this is a bug, and is there a workaround?
14 years ago
It's not a bug. If you go to admin area > product variant details > "tier prices" tab, then you can see the following message: "Tier prices are applied only to product variant price (and not applied to product attributes)"
14 years ago
Ah yes, I had missed that note - you are correct.
But then, your photo Andrie presents such a perfect likeness of a young Russian chess-genuis that I fear to contradict you...   :)  

But if I may make a small suggestion for future... it would be useful to be able to apply tiered pricing as you say - on the 'product variant price' - but also to then be able to apply the price adjustment of the 'Product Variant Attributes'.

Result being something like:   1 * items = 1 * £30.   3 * items = 3 * £28 (tiered price).     3 * items, with black metallic paint = (3 * £28) + (3 * £2.50).     ...where £2.50 is cost of  'Product Variant Attribute' black metallic paint.

?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.