Customize the Navigation

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
I am new to nopCommerce and I am not and asp.net guy. I am trying to figure out how to condense the top navigation (logo, registration and main navigation) and integrate the store to an existing html template.

I need some direction as to what files need to be edited, recompiled etc.. I cannot find the files which I can edit the skin. Any help or direction would be great. Until then I will be scanning the forum and trying to find documentation on the css.
14 years ago
You'll need to look in 3 places:

1. First the top headers on the page are laid out in the Root Masterpage, located in the Masterpages folder.  Look for the cntrlHeader and cntrlHeaderMenu tags.

2. These controls can be found in the Modules folder, one is named Header, and the other HeaderMenu.  These actually contain the code for these areas.

3. You can find the CSS files in App_Themes.  I think the standard install starts with the Dark Orange theme so open that folder to view the CSS.

Play around with things, if you break something just overwrite all the files and start over. ;)
13 years ago
I was able to change the Header Menu navigation, replacing "Contact Us" with a custom page that was designed via Topics and using solution #2 listed in the previous post.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.