homepage redirect me to login?ReturnUrl=%2f (Error)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
Glad that that post helped :)

Oddly enough it doesn't happen to me when developing locally - but noticed it when I placed the site on my server to see how the site was running on a better machine than my desktop. Probably down to permissions
9 years ago
jkeville wrote:
thanks... i resolved it and it was indeed permissions.

I also get it fixed after spending a lot of time I found it was issue with ACCESS CONTROL LIST.

During Installation / Update somehow - public store navigation was not allowed to guest / registered / admin / modarators.

I just allowed PUBLIC STORE NAVIGATION TO ALL EXPECT VENDOR.

-Thanks,
Deep Patel
9 years ago
I have my site hosted by GoDaddy, any idea how this is done there?
9 years ago
My register page redirect to login?ReturnUrl=%2f register always, it shouldnt go to login if its a guest.
9 years ago
helped myself, if you dont want to allow guest to browse any pages then have publicsore.allownavigation false in acl in admin side, and in publicstoreallownavigation.cs in nop.web.framework, add a line in onactionexecuting

eg:    !(controllerName.Equals("Nop.Web.Controllers.TopicController", StringComparison.InvariantCultureIgnoreCase) && actionName.Equals("TopicDetails", StringComparison.InvariantCultureIgnoreCase)) &&

to the other line with your required action and controller names.

Hope it Helps !!
9 years ago
sproaty wrote:
Hi I've just encountered this error - thought I'd share the fix that I had to apply, just for reference.

I got nopCommerce running under the ASP.NER v4.0 application pool, and configured the root folder that nop is running from to grant permissions to this user.

However, I was still unable to view the homepage. I could view other pages fine, however my custom theme was not being rendered. If I "view source"'d my page, and clicked on one of the CSS links then I'd be shown the HTML for the login page.

If I logged into an account then the stylings would come through and I could access the homepage. If I then logged out, it would also still work.

Very weird!

Anyway, the fix was simple: under the Authorisation tab in IIS for your website, right click on "anonymous authentication" and choose "edit" - then select the 'application pool identity' radio button. This sorted it for me, now all users can access the homepage & can view the stylesheet files.

You need to change the "anonymous authentication" to 'application pool identity' only if the IUSR user do not have permission over the application folder.
I went to the Properties > Security tab of the application folder.
Added the IUSR user and allowed the permission for the user. In that case you do not need to change to 'application pool identity'.
9 years ago
pateldeepp wrote:
thanks... i resolved it and it was indeed permissions.

I also get it fixed after spending a lot of time I found it was issue with ACCESS CONTROL LIST.

During Installation / Update somehow - public store navigation was not allowed to guest / registered / admin / modarators.

I just allowed PUBLIC STORE NAVIGATION TO ALL EXPECT VENDOR.

-Thanks,
Deep Patel

This is a rare case as it is unlikely that the permission of the access control list is changed automatically. Unless someone does that intentionally.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.