Application pool reaching memory limit and recycling.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hello,

I'm running nopCommerce 2.30 and hosting at DiscountASP.Net.  They impose a 200MB limit on application pool memory size.

nopCommerce is regularily hitting this limit and recycling the application pool.  I first starting getting this problem after upgrading from 1.90 to 2.20.  I recently upgraded to 2.30 and the errors are reduced, but the site often hangs.  Log files on the server report:

A worker process with process id of '301192' serving application pool 'customerPool_827042' has requested a recycle because it reached its private bytes memory limit.

According to my ISP, many of these occur on our site every day.  We are just getting launched and have very little traffic, so I don't see how that can be.

Is this a bug in nop 2.x?  Or is there something I can do to further troubleshoot?
12 years ago
200MB is nothing for hosting a asp.net site.
Webapplications like nopCommerce do cache a lot of data instead of query-ing the DB.
My suggestion would be, switch hosting provider
12 years ago
Nevermind.  I found a bug in my custom additions.  It was leaking memory.  Fixed.  Sorry.
12 years ago
Actually, I just got another email from Discount ASP and they say the app pool is still recycling all the time.

It's even happening middle of the night and early morning when there's hardly any activity.  It's also exceding CPU limit settings they impose.

I've analyzed all of my custom code and there is no other performance issues there.  How can I troubleshoot this further?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.