Organising products by make/model.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi all,

I've searched this forum for a similar thread but to no avail so hopefully somebody can help me. I've known about nopCommerce for a while now and finally decided to start a new project and make use of it.

My issue is that most products in the store will be associated with a vehicle make/model and wondered how best to facilitate this through nopCommerce.

Categories look like they are 2 levels max (cat/sub-cat) which I don't think would be suitable as this would be more relevant for the vehicle part e.g. Brake Disks.

Maybe product attributes are the way to go by tagging all products with a make and model and ensuring this attribute is filterable?

It would be extremely helpful if anyone has any good ideas of how to best implement this sort of structure in nopCommerce as it's my first time using the software so I'm not familiar with the framework just yet.

Thanks in advance,

Tom.
12 years ago
Hello Tom,

I believe nopcommerce supports more than 2 level of categories.
For example you can create a root category "Ford" then another category "Fiesta" selecting "Ford" as the parent category.
If you create a another category let call it "Disk Brakes" in the parent category drop down you should see an option with "Ford >> Fiesta"

Hope this helps
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.