Error running V2.3

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Compiler Error Message: CS1705: Assembly 'Nop.Web.Framework, Version=2.4.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' uses 'System.Web.WebPages, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' which has a higher version than referenced assembly 'System.Web.WebPages, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'

can anybody help please ... i have replaced the referenced assembly V1 with V2 ans i still have the error.
12 years ago
well.i updated the version in web.config to 2.0 and i passed this issue. but i do not understand why nop.web.framework and nop.web are using different versions ...
12 years ago
sch09 wrote:
well.i updated the version in web.config to 2.0 and i passed this issue

Hi, what exactly did you update in web.config?
12 years ago
Did you mean the following changes?

1. In the root Web.config file, add a new <appSettings> entry with the key webPages:Version and the value 1.0.0.0.
<appSettings>
    <add key="webpages:Version" value="1.0.0.0"/>
    <add key="ClientValidationEnabled" value="true"/>
    <add key="UnobtrusiveJavaScriptEnabled" value="true"/>
</appSettings>

2. Locate the following assembly references (in *.csproj presentation files):
<Reference Include="System.Web.WebPages"/> 
<Reference Include="System.Web.Helpers" />

and replace them with
<Reference Include="System.Web.WebPages, Version=1.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, processorArchitecture=MSIL "/>
<Reference Include="System.Web.Helpers, Version=1.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, processorArchitecture=MSIL" />

as described here

or have you added <bindingRedirect> element?
12 years ago
I had the same problem, but for ver 2.4.
This is what I did to get it working;

1.In Solution Explorer, right-click Nop.Web.Framework and then select Unload Project. Then right-click the name again and select Edit Nop.Web.Framework .csproj.

2.Locate the following assembly references:

<Reference Include="System.Web.WebPages"/> <Reference Include="System.Web.Helpers" />
Replace them with the following:
<Reference Include="System.Web.WebPages, Version=1.0.0.0,Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, processorArchitecture=MSIL "/> <Reference Include="System.Web.Helpers, Version=1.0.0.0,Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, processorArchitecture=MSIL" />

3.Save the changes, close the project file you were editing, and then right-click the project and select Reload.

4. Repeat for Nop.Web project.

5. Make sure the solution startup project is set to Nop.Web (after you unload the project VS may change the startup project).

6. Build the solution.
12 years ago
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/14655/compile-error-conflict-between-different-versions-nopweb.aspx?p=2#61487
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.