Empty collection properties after calling SearchProducts

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Ironically, I ran into the same problem.  My client had me write code to randomly pick the category picture based on one of the product pictures within that category.  I'm running nop 2.2.

The error I am getting is:

An object with the same key already exists in the ObjectStateManager. The ObjectStateManager cannot track multiple objects with the same key.

If I comment out the lines for Set<TEntity>().Attach(entity); at the bottom of Libraries/nopData/nopObjectContext.cs, the problem goes away. I'm trying to figure out what the Set<TEntity> is needed since I just want to get the result list.

var result = context.Translate<TEntity>(reader).ToList();
                    // LJD 12/22/2011 not sure what the following lines do
                    //foreach (var entity in result)
                    //    Set<TEntity>().Attach(entity);
                    //close up the reader, we're done saving results
                    reader.Close();
                    return result;
                }

}
        }
    }
}

BTW:  The code I wrote for the Random Category Picture is in Category Action Result in the Category Controller:

// LJD 12/22/2011 If x.PictureId > 0, get the picture, otherwise see if you can randomly find a product picture for that category
                    if (x.PictureId > 0)
                    {
                        subCatModel.PictureModel.ImageUrl = _pictureService.GetPictureUrl(x.PictureId, _mediaSetting.CategoryThumbPictureSize, true);
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        var categoryProducts = _productService.SearchProducts(x.Id, 0, null, null, null, 0, string.Empty, false, 0, null, ProductSortingEnum.Position, 0, int.MaxValue);
                        var numberOfProducts = categoryProducts.TotalCount;
                        if (numberOfProducts <= 0)
                        {
                            subCatModel.PictureModel.ImageUrl = _pictureService.GetPictureUrl(x.PictureId, _mediaSetting.CategoryThumbPictureSize, true);
                        }
                        else
                        {
                            var iRandomProductForCategory = CommonHelper.GenerateRandomInteger(0, numberOfProducts);
                            var picture = _pictureService.GetPicturesByProductId(categoryProducts[iRandomProductForCategory].Id, 1).FirstOrDefault();
                            subCatModel.PictureModel.ImageUrl = _pictureService.GetPictureUrl(picture, _mediaSetting.CategoryThumbPictureSize, true);
                        }
                    }
                    subCatModel.PictureModel.Title = string.Format(_localizationService.GetResource("Media.Category.ImageLinkTitleFormat"), model.Name);
                    subCatModel.PictureModel.AlternateText = string.Format(_localizationService.GetResource("Media.Category.ImageAlternateTextFormat"), model.Name);
                    return subCatModel;
12 years ago
I looked at the 2.3 code and my version does not have the corrected code as well.
I downloaded the corrected code from a related post and it works.

http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/changes/9da05e4bc0e2#src%2fLibraries%2fNop.Data%2fNopObjectContext.cs
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.