backorder

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Ive seen some talk on backorders, im curious if the store can -

-let a customer know a product is out of inventory, but can still order it and put in backorder.

-give the customer the option to split the shipment at checkout - ship the in-stock parts now, or wait and send them all once they are all in stock again.

Before I go digging too deeply, are these scenarios supported?

Thanks
12 years ago
boomhauer wrote:
let a customer know a product is out of inventory, but can still order it and put in backorder.

Supported. Go to product variant details page, set 'Manage inventory method' to 'Track Inventory', tick 'Display stock availability', and set 'Backorders' to 'Allow qty below 0 and notify customer'

boomhauer wrote:
give the customer the option to split the shipment at checkout - ship the in-stock parts now, or wait and send them all once they are all in stock again.

Not supported.
12 years ago
Thanks. I guess that would go in as a feature request for me ;)
7 years ago
Are back orders now available in nopCommerce 3.8
7 years ago
SigmaSolveInc wrote:

Yes. In when editing or adding a product (in advance mode) you can configure backorders
7 years ago
Tecnofin wrote:
Yes. In when editing or adding a product (in advance mode) you can configure backorders

What about partial shipment/payment capture? Is this supported? As in customer orders 2 products - one in stock, and one on backorder. Partial shipment is made of product that is in stock, and partial payment capture is made for the shipped item. Final capture made when backorder is shipped. Is this possible?
3 years ago
Sorry guys, but this is still not working in 4.40. I mean, if you choose option 3. Allow quantity below 0 and notify customer, there is no notification sent to customer, that the products he orderd, are out of stock.

Am I doing something wrong maybe? Customer never gets any notification about out of stock items and I do not find any mail template with such content.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.