How to check if a plugin has been installed or not

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi;

I wrote a plugin and used it inside nop.web project. now I want to control that, if plugin has been installed or not. For this purpose I used PluginManager.IsAlreadyLoaded function. Originally this function is protected. I made it public firstly.

I want to learn that how did you do that job in your project? Is the way I used advisable?
12 years ago
mavera wrote:
Hi;

I wrote a plugin and used it inside nop.web project. now I want to control that, if plugin has been installed or not. For this purpose I used PluginManager.IsAlreadyLoaded function. Originally this function is protected. I made it public firstly.

I want to learn that how did you do that job in your project? Is the way I used advisable?

Hi mavera,

There is already the ability to identify if a plugin is installed. Inject "IPluginFinder" into the classes you need this information.

If you call the method IPluginFinder.GetPluginDiscriptorBySystemName("pluginsystemname") and you get something other than null back then the plugin is installed. Or you can take this a step further and supply a second parameter of "false" and then on the method result (an instance of PluginDescriptor) you can check if the plugin is installed by investigating the boolean property "Installed".
12 years ago
I turned to your method now. thanks
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.