Createing Campaigns Editor gone

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I am using nop2.2, i just notice that while creating campaign page we dont have wysiwyg editor, it has only html editor, is this a bug or removed for a cuase? I would love the old editor back for campaigns.
12 years ago
I don't know if there's a better way but here is how I fixed this issue:

Open up file Nopcommerce/admin/campaign/createorupdate.cshtml

Replace  @Html.TextAreaFor(model => model.Body, new { style = "Width: 550px; Height: 350px;" })

with

@Html.EditorFor(x => x.Body, "RichEditor")

This should replace your plain text box with the wysiwyg editor.
12 years ago
After doing this and recompling what all files should i need to copy to the live site? as the site is already live on the hosting server..

also I couldnt find this file

Nopcommerce/admin/campaign/createorupdate.cshtml

Please give full path..
12 years ago
You can go directly to the root folder on your web server (if you don't know how to do this ask your web hoster)

In your root folder you will find other folders (same as on any other computer)

First find the folder Nopcommerce open it and inside

Find one called admin and open it and inside

Find one called campaign and open it and inside

There will be a file called createorupdate.cshtml that you can either open and make the changes or you can download, make the changes and upload back to your web server. (depending on how your hosting provider has set up) Just make sure to make a back up (copy the original file) before you make the changes.

This isn't a difficult procedure (although it does require a couple of under the hood changes).    

Best of luck.
12 years ago
I got it, thanks a ton, this richtext editor is with less features than that of nop 1.9, 1.9 had table tools, image properties etc, looks like this is  a stripped off version of ricjh text edit, is there anyway i add all the tools?
12 years ago
We'll probably need to ask the nopCommerce community for a different editor . In the meanwhile, you can edit the picture properties in the html editor (use the button in the editor). There are a lot of good resources on the web where you can learn html. Or edit the pictures before you slip them into the email (more efficient anyway).

Glad to be of help.  Best of luck.
12 years ago
As an addendum to this post---this appeared to work when using sql compact but once I migrated the table to sql my rich editor generates only html on save.

Would appreciate someone pointing me to the area to look for an answer on this. We really need the rich text editor. It makes great, professional looking emails and newsletters.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.