Test Email Works, but still getting No Such User error

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I have an email account set up and tested. It sent the test email just fine. When i place an order, however, the auto-generated emails get stuck in the queue with:

Error sending e-mail. Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: <ordering user's email> No such user here

showing up in the Log.

Both the test email and the target for the auto-generated email are valid gmail accounts.

Any advice on what could be causing this?

Thanks!

Edit: Adding info requested for questions:

nopCommerce Version 2.30

It is hosted on Winhost.

Full error message:

System.Net.Mail.SmtpFailedRecipientException: Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: <[email protected]> No such user here at System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.SendMail(MailAddress sender, MailAddressCollection recipients, String deliveryNotify, SmtpFailedRecipientException& exception) at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message) at Nop.Services.Messages.EmailSender.SendEmail(EmailAccount emailAccount, String subject, String body, MailAddress from, MailAddress to, IEnumerable`1 bcc, IEnumerable`1 cc) in c:\Users\Zatojin\Documents\Projects\21-6\RockabillyLegends\RBLStore\Libraries\Nop.Services\Messages\EmailSender.cs:line 78 at Nop.Services.Messages.EmailSender.SendEmail(EmailAccount emailAccount, String subject, String body, String fromAddress, String fromName, String toAddress, String toName, IEnumerable`1 bcc, IEnumerable`1 cc) in c:\Users\Zatojin\Documents\Projects\21-6\RockabillyLegends\RBLStore\Libraries\Nop.Services\Messages\EmailSender.cs:line 28 at Nop.Services.Messages.QueuedMessagesSendTask.Execute() in c:\Users\Zatojin\Documents\Projects\21-6\RockabillyLegends\RBLStore\Libraries\Nop.Services\Messages\QueuedMessagesSendTask.cs:line 36
12 years ago
Bump
11 years ago
For the following solution it is important that your test email function is working.

Step 1:
Login as admin  --> Configuration --> Email Accounts --> Click select button next to the email you want to receive orders and the value should change to true. If the first email in the list has the value true in "is email default account" still click the Select button to make sure the it is select. I know it sounds stupid but it work for me after wasting hours and hours of time.

Step 2:
Go to Content Management --> Message templates --> click Edit button next to OrderPlaced.StoreOwnerNotification   and select the same email name in Email account combo box that you just made as default email in step 1. Click Save button and then do the same step 2 for OrderPlaced.CustomerNotification     and then check if your emails are working.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.