Discount plugin to set maximum price for a group of products in a cart

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi,
I'm setting up a site for a motorcycle club to take online entries.
Each entry class will be setup as a Product (eg; Junior=$15, Senior=$30, Veterans=$30...).

They also a Family entry price which comprises 1 Senior, and any number of Juniors = $45 maximum.

My use case will involve adding entries for each rider's class/product into the shopping cart at the standard price.
At checkout the cart will then calculate a Family discount.

I'm new to nopCommerce and about to embark on writing a plugin to do this, but thought I'd ask if anyone has done something similar which they would share (ideas, code).

Thanks, Jim
12 years ago
JimsShed wrote:
Hi,
I'm setting up a site for a motorcycle club to take online entries.
Each entry class will be setup as a Product (eg; Junior=$15, Senior=$30, Veterans=$30...).

They also a Family entry price which comprises 1 Senior, and any number of Juniors = $45 maximum.

My use case will involve adding entries for each rider's class/product into the shopping cart at the standard price.
At checkout the cart will then calculate a Family discount.

I'm new to nopCommerce and about to embark on writing a plugin to do this, but thought I'd ask if anyone has done something similar which they would share (ideas, code).

Thanks, Jim

Instead of what you propose I would create another product (Family) with product variant attributes. For instance Family for a minimum  of $30 and the following attributes:
1) A text-box control for the veteran name
2) A radio-button or drop-down for the number of juniors with a price increase: 1)$15 (for a total or $45), 2)$20 (total $50) , 3)$20 (total $50) ....
3) A multiline text-box control for the juniors names
12 years ago
Thanks Eduardo, that is an excellent idea. I will do this.
I was always faced with providing extra input boxes for the rider details anyway (that is my next challenge).

Jim
12 years ago
JimsShed wrote:
Thanks Eduardo, that is an excellent idea. I will do this.
I was always faced with providing extra input boxes for the rider details anyway (that is my next challenge).

Jim

Welcome Jim!
You can have as many boxes as you need. For instance you can have say 10 multiline boxes, one for each rider, where you can instruct to put name, age, sex, etc., separated by semicolons or alikes. They should fill only one per rider.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.