Getting started. Installing and upgrading nopCommerce.

9 years ago
juttajxwa wrote:
By the way, version 1.9 requires a extended time to compile on the server. At times 15-30 minutes for me. Do the new versions two.X take much less time? Has anyone compared the distinction?

It depends on server resources too, anyway, yes new versions are faster, specially 3.40 has great improvement on application start up time. ,
9 years ago
eadameg wrote:
Before posting the questions, please read the following articles. They describe how to download nopCommerce software, upload it to your server, define the file permissions, and install it on your system. You'll also get information on how to upgrade nopCommerce to the latest version.

Technology & System Requirements
Installing nopCommerce
Upgrading nopCommerce

Regarding topic 3) in Upgrading nopCommerce
3.You have to upgrade stepwise. For example, if your current version is 2.00 and the latest available version is 2.30, then you have to upgrade to 2.10, then to 2.20, and then to 2.30. So download the required upgrade scripts from our Downloads page.
Are there any special instructions when previous version is 1.x?

Regarding the Documentation Page
I would also include something alike the Touble Shooting paragraph of Upgrading nopCommerce with the folowing additions and changes:

Troubleshooting
If you have any questions, you can always search or post a question on our forums.
If when doing advance search you cannot find what you need, , then try a Google search focused into NopCommerce site:
[your search words site:nopcommerce.com]

Dear Support Team,

Our current site is in nop 1.9, we want to rebuild the site in nop 3.4.I want only data from nop database 1.9 to currently installed nop database 3.4..up gradation only in database.I tried to run the nop 2.0 up gradation script on nop 1.9 DB..shows lot of errors..Kindly give me detailed step step process..whether I have install nop 2.0 complete package or only running the SQL up grade scripts are enough...If so.how can I fix the DB script errors?

Regards,
BlueMed Development Team
9 years ago
Elavarasi wrote:

Dear Support Team,

Our current site is in nop 1.9, we want to rebuild the site in nop 3.4.I want only data from nop database 1.9 to currently installed nop database 3.4..up gradation only in database.I tried to run the nop 2.0 up gradation script on nop 1.9 DB..shows lot of errors..Kindly give me detailed step step process..whether I have install nop 2.0 complete package or only running the SQL up grade scripts are enough...If so.how can I fix the DB script errors?

Regards,
BlueMed Development Team

You can simply run the upgrade script against your database and you will have to upgrade each version one by one like 1.9 -> 2.0, 2.0 -> 2.1 and so on.

In regard to your question / issue:
I believe in 2.0 upgrade folder, there are intructions something like "Read Me" or similar that explains steps for upgrading because that is the crucial step as 2.0 is the first MVC version after webforms

(upgrading from 1.X to 2.X): If you want to upgrade from a version 1.90 to the latest version, you would need to install 2.00 first (over the existing database), run the 1.90 to 2.00 migration SQL script, and then upgrade to 2.10, 2.20, 2.30, etc)

Note: I am hoping you took a back up before the upgrade process, it is always a good practice to take a back before making changes to database.

For more information, please see the upgrade section in the documentation: http://docs.nopcommerce.com/display/nc/Upgrading+nopCommerce
9 years ago
Hi support team,

I got an issue when deploy Nop 3.4 in Arvixe.com hosting. The real error message is "A public action method 'FeaturedArticles' was not found on controller 'Nop.Web.Controllers.ProductController'."

But I am quite sure it is not a correct error message as the public action above was defined in right controller as above. The strange thing is sometime it worked and almost the time it raised the issue.

Also, I tried to comment the line when I use the above action, it raised another issue in another place which didn't make sense too.

Could you please give me any ideas about it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Tin Diep
9 years ago
Hi
Recorded nop on hosting in the working folder. How to start the installation? What should you write in the browser?
9 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Before posting the questions, please read the following articles. They describe how to download nopCommerce software, upload it to your server, define the file permissions, and install it on your system. You'll also get information on how to upgrade nopCommerce to the latest version.

Technology & System Requirements
Installing nopCommerce
Upgrading nopCommerce

P.S. This topic is just an announcement about new articles. Please do not post questions here. Please create new topics for new questions about installation or configuration

Dear Support Team,

We have successfully done nopcommerce website 3.4. When we try to deploy,we are unable to view site.We added to IIS as Website. It always shows the Http error 403.14 Forbidden

we are using IIS 7, SQL 2008

Kindly help us.
9 years ago
Hi Im new to Nop Commerce . Can anyone tell me on the homepage of the store how can I change the homepage and add products or specials to the home page and get rid of the default saying on the home page.

Thanks
9 years ago
omzilla wrote:
Hi Im new to Nop Commerce . Can anyone tell me on the homepage of the store how can I change the homepage and add products or specials to the home page and get rid of the default saying on the home page.

Thanks

You edit the content through the admin inteface siteurl/admin... you should definitely familiarize yourself with the documentation: http://docs.nopcommerce.com/display/nc/nopCommerce+Documentation
9 years ago
I am new to NOP. Unable to launch installation wizard. This is what I did. Appreciate your assistance.

I am doing this in my localmachine (Vista Home edition)

1. Installed MS SQL 2008 Express
2. Installed .NET 4.5
3. Enable IIS Services
4. Created site called "Nop"
5. Downloaded the 3.5 without source.
6. Extracted the zip and copied the contents into root folder of "Nop" under step-4
7. Launched the site. No file found error.
8. I could not find the installation wizard

Any help is much appreciated.
9 years ago
Hi

I am trying out / testing  Multi-vendor Support.

It seems that I meet one problem about the mails that is distribuated from the system.

The customer get the mail that tells what is ordered.
My shop get the mail that tells that the customer has ordered in the shop.
However - the vendor do not get the mail that tells about the order and its details.

Do you have any idea of why the vendor do not get the mail?

R Egil